Psalm 89. Misericordias Domini
MY SONG shall be alway of the loving-kindness of the Lord : with my mouth will I ever be shewing thy truth from one generation to another.
2. For I have said, Mercy shall be set up for ever : thy truth shalt thou stablish in the heavens.
3. I have made a covenant with my chosen : I have sworn unto David my servant;
4. Thy seed will I stablish for ever : and set up thy throne from one generation to another.
5. O Lord, the very heavens shall praise thy wondrous works : and thy truth in the congregation of the saints.
6. For who is he among the clouds : that shall be compared unto the Lord?
7. And what is he among the gods : that shall be like unto the Lord?
8. God is very greatly to be feared in the council of the saints : and to be had in reverence of all them that are round about him.
9. O Lord God of hosts, who is like unto thee : thy truth, most mighty Lord, is on every side.
10. Thou rulest the raging of the sea : thou stillest the waves thereof when they arise.
11. Thou hast subdued Egypt, and destroyed it : thou hast scattered thine enemies abroad with thy mighty arm.
12. The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine : thou hast laid the foundation of the round world, and all that therein is.
13. Thou hast made the north and the south : Tabor and Hermon shall rejoice in thy Name.
14. Thou hast a mighty arm : strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.
15. Righteousness and equity are the habitation of thy seat : mercy and truth shall go before thy face.
16. Blessed is the people, O Lord, that can rejoice in thee : they shall walk in the light of thy countenance.
17. Their delight shall be daily in thy Name : and in thy righteousness shall they make their boast.
18. For thou art the glory of their strength : and in thy loving-kindness thou shalt lift up our horns.
19. For the Lord is our defence : the Holy One of Israel is our King.
20. Thou spakest sometime in visions unto thy saints, and saidst : I have laid help upon one that is mighty; I have exalted one chosen out of the people.
21. I have found David my servant : with my holy oil have I anointed him.
22. My hand shall hold him fast : and my arm shall strengthen him.
23. The enemy shall not be able to do him violence : the son of wickedness shall not hurt him.
24. I will smite down his foes before his face : and plague them that hate him.
25. My truth also and my mercy shall be with him : and in my Name shall his horn be exalted.
26. I will set his dominion also in the sea : and his right hand in the floods.
27. He shall call me, Thou art my Father : my God, and my strong salvation.
28. And I will make him my first-born : higher than the kings of the earth.
29. My mercy will I keep for him for evermore : and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
30. His seed also will I make to endure for ever : and his throne as the days of heaven.
31. But if his children forsake my law : and walk not in my judgements;
32. If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments : I will visit their offences with the rod, and their sin with scourges.
33. Nevertheless, my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him : nor suffer my truth to fail.
34. My covenant I will not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips : I have sworn once by my holiness, that I will not fail David.
35. His seed shall endure for ever : and his seat is like as the sun before me.
36. He shall stand fast for evermore as the moon : and as the faithful witness in heaven.
37. But thou hast abhorred and forsaken thine Anointed : and art displeased at him.
38. Thou hast broken the covenant of thy servant : and cast his crown to the ground.
39. Thou hast overthrown all his hedges : and broken down his strong holds.
40. All they that go by spoil him : and he is become a reproach to his neighbours.
41. Thou hast set up the right hand of his enemies : and made all his adversaries to rejoice.
42. Thou hast taken away the edge of his sword : and givest him not victory in the battle.
43. Thou hast put out his glory : and cast his throne down to the ground.
44. The days of his youth hast thou shortened : and covered him with dishonour.
45. Lord, how long wilt thou hide thyself, for ever : and shall thy wrath burn like fire?
46. O remember how short my time is : wherefore hast thou made all men for nought?
47. What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death : and shall he deliver his soul from the hand of hell?
48. Lord, where are thy old loving-kindnesses : which thou swarest unto David in thy truth?
49. Remember, Lord, the rebuke that thy servants have : and how I do bear in my bosom the rebukes of many people.
50. Wherewith thine enemies have blasphemed thee, and slandered the footsteps of thine Anointed : Praised be the Lord for evermore. Amen, and Amen.
Psalm 110. Dixit Dominus
THE Lord said unto my Lord : Sit thou on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
2. The Lord shall send the rod of thy power out of Sion : be thou ruler, even in the midst among thine enemies.
3. In the day of thy power shall the people offer thee free-will offerings with an holy worship : the dew of thy birth is of the womb of the morning.
4. The Lord sware, and will not repent : Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedech.
5. The Lord upon thy right hand : shall wound even kings in the day of his wrath.
6. He shall judge among the heathen; he shall fill the places with the dead bodies : and smite in sunder the heads over divers countries.
7. He shall drink of the brook in the way : therefore shall he lift up his head.
Psalm 132. Memento, Domine
LORD, remember David : and all his trouble;
2. How he sware unto the Lord : and vowed a vow unto the Almighty God of Jacob;
3. I will not come within the tabernacle of mine house : nor climb up into my bed;
4. I will not suffer mine eyes to sleep, nor mine eye-lids to slumber : neither the temples of my head to take any rest;
5. Until I find out a place for the temple of the Lord : an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.
6. Lo, we heard of the same at Ephrata : and found it in the wood.
7. We will go into his tabernacle : and fall low on our knees before his footstool.
8. Arise, O Lord, into thy resting-place : thou, and the ark of thy strength.
9. Let thy priests be clothed with righteousness : and let thy saints sing with joyfulness.
10. For thy servant David’s sake : turn not away the presence of thine Anointed.
11. The Lord hath made a faithful oath unto David : and he shall not shrink from it;
12. Of the fruit of thy body : shall I set upon thy seat.
13. If thy children will keep my covenant, and my testimonies that I shall learn them : their children also shall sit upon thy seat for evermore.
14. For the Lord hath chosen Sion to be an habitation for himself : he hath longed for her.
15. This shall be my rest for ever : here will I dwell, for I have a delight therein.
16. I will bless her victuals with increase : and will satisfy her poor with bread.
17. I will deck her priests with health : and her saints shall rejoice and sing.
18. There shall I make the horn of David to flourish : I have ordained a lantern for mine Anointed.
19. As for his enemies, I shall clothe them with shame : but upon himself shall his crown flourish.