See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 71. In te, Domine, speravi
IN THEE, O Lord, have I put my trust, let me never be put to confusion : but rid me and deliver me in thy righteousness, incline thine ear unto me, and save me.
2. Be thou my strong hold, whereunto I may alway resort : thou hast promised to help me, for thou art my house of defence and my castle.
3. Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the ungodly : out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man.
4. For thou, O Lord God, art the thing that I long for : thou art my hope, even from my youth.
5. Through thee have I been holden up ever since I was born : thou art he that took me out of my mother’s womb; my praise shall be always of thee.
6. I am become as it were a monster unto many : but my sure trust is in thee.
7. O let my mouth be filled with thy praise : that I may sing of thy glory and honour all the day long.
8. Cast me not away in the time of age : forsake me not when my strength faileth me.
9. For mine enemies speak against me, and they that lay wait for my soul take their counsel together, saying : God hath forsaken him; persecute him, and take him, for there is none to deliver him.
10. Go not far from me, O God : my God, haste thee to help me.
11. Let them be confounded and perish that are against my soul : let them be covered with shame and dishonour that seek to do me evil.
12. As for me, I will patiently abide alway : and will praise thee more and more.
13. My mouth shall daily speak of thy righteousness and salvation : for I know no end thereof.
14. I will go forth in the strength of the Lord God : and will make mention of thy righteousness only.
15. Thou, O God, hast taught me from my youth up until now : therefore will I tell of thy wondrous works.
16. Forsake me not, O God, in mine old age, when I am gray-headed : until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to all them that are yet for to come.
17. Thy righteousness, O God, is very high : and great things are they that thou hast done; O God, who is like unto thee?
18. O what great troubles and adversities hast thou shewed me, and yet didst thou turn and refresh me : yea, and broughtest me from the deep of the earth again.
19. Thou hast brought me to great honour : and comforted me on every side.
20. Therefore will I praise thee and thy faithfulness, O God, playing upon an instrument of musick : unto thee will I sing upon the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.
21. My lips will be fain when I sing unto thee : and so will my soul whom thou hast delivered.
22. My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long : for they are confounded and brought unto shame that seek to do me evil.
Psalm 72. Deus, judicium
GIVE the King thy judgements, O God : and thy righteousness unto the King’s son.
2. Then shall he judge thy people according unto right : and defend the poor.
3. The mountains also shall bring peace : and the little hills righteousness unto the people.
4. He shall keep the simple folk by their right : defend the children of the poor, and punish the wrong-doer.
5. They shall fear thee, as long as the sun and moon endureth : from one generation to another.
6. He shall come down like the rain into a fleece of wool : even as the drops that water the earth.
7. In his time shall the righteous flourish : yea, and abundance of peace, so long as the moon endureth.
8. His dominion shall be also from the one sea to the other : and from the flood unto the world’s end.
9. They that dwell in the wilderness shall kneel before him : his enemies shall lick the dust.
10. The kings of Tharsis and of the isles shall give presents : the kings of Arabia and Saba shall bring gifts.
11. All kings shall fall down before him : all nations shall do him service.
12. For he shall deliver the poor when he crieth : the needy also, and him that hath no helper.
13. He shall be favourable to the simple and needy : and shall preserve the souls of the poor.
14. He shall deliver their souls from falsehood and wrong : and dear shall their blood be in his sight.
15. He shall live, and unto him shall be given of the gold of Arabia : prayer shall be made ever unto him, and daily shall he be praised.
16. There shall be an heap of corn in the earth, high upon the hills : his fruit shall shake like Libanus, and shall be green in the city like grass upon the earth.
17. His Name shall endure for ever; his Name shall remain under the sun among the posterities : which shall be blessed through him; and all the heathen shall praise him.
18. Blessed be the Lord God, even the God of Israel : which only doeth wondrous things;
19. And blessed be the Name of his majesty for ever : and all the earth shall be filled with his majesty. Amen, Amen.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.