See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 68. Exurgat Deus
LET God arise, and let his enemies be scattered : let them also that hate him flee before him.
2. Like as the smoke vanisheth, so shalt thou drive them away : and like as wax melteth at the fire, so let the ungodly perish at the presence of God.
3. But let the righteous be glad and rejoice before God : let them also be merry and joyful.
4. O sing unto God, and sing praises unto his Name : magnify him that rideth upon the heavens, as it were upon an horse; praise him in his Name JAH, and rejoice before him.
5. He is a father of the fatherless, and defendeth the cause of the widows : even God in his holy habitation.
6. He is the God that maketh men to be of one mind in an house, and bringeth the prisoners out of captivity : but letteth the runagates continue in scarceness.
7. O God, when thou wentest forth before the people : when thou wentest through the wilderness;
8. The earth shook, and the heavens dropped at the presence of God : even as Sinai also was moved at the presence of God, who is the God of Israel.
9. Thou, O God, sentest a gracious rain upon thine inheritance : and refreshedst it when it was weary.
10. Thy congregation shall dwell therein : for thou, O God, hast of thy goodness prepared for the poor.
11. The Lord gave the word : great was the company of the preachers.
12. Kings with their armies did flee, and were discomfited : and they of the household divided the spoil.
13. Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove : that is covered with silver wings, and her feathers like gold.
14. When the Almighty scattered kings for their sake : then were they as white as snow in Salmon.
15. As the hill of Basan, so is God’s hill : even an high hill, as the hill of Basan.
16. Why hop ye so, ye high hills? this is God’s hill, in the which it pleaseth him to dwell : yea, the Lord will abide in it for ever.
17. The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands of angels : and the Lord is among them, as in the holy place of Sinai.
18. Thou art gone up on high, thou hast led captivity captive, and received gifts for men : yea, even for thine enemies, that the Lord God might dwell among them.
19. Praised be the Lord daily : even the God who helpeth us, and poureth his benefits upon us.
20. He is our God, even the God of whom cometh salvation : God is the Lord, by whom we escape death.
21. God shall wound the head of his enemies : and the hairy scalp of such a one as goeth on still in his wickedness.
22. The Lord hath said, I will bring my people again, as I did from Basan : mine own will I bring again, as I did sometime from the deep of the sea.
23. That thy foot may be dipped in the blood of thine enemies : and that the tongue of thy dogs may be red through the same.
24. It is well seen, O God, how thou goest : how thou, my God and King, goest in the sanctuary.
25. The singers go before, the minstrels follow after : in the midst are the damsels playing with the timbrels.
26. Give thanks, O Israel, unto God the Lord in the congregations : from the ground of the heart.
27. There is little Benjamin their ruler, and the princes of Judah their counsel : the princes of Zabulon, and the princes of Nephthali.
28. Thy God hath sent forth strength for thee : stablish the thing, O God, that thou hast wrought in us,
29. For thy temple’s sake at Jerusalem : so shall kings bring presents unto thee.
30. When the company of the spear-men, and multitude of the mighty are scattered abroad among the beasts of the people, so that they humbly bring pieces of silver : and when he hath scattered the people that delight in war;
31. Then shall the princes come out of Eqypt : the Morians’ land shall soon stretch our her hands unto God.
32. Sing unto God, O ye kingdoms of the earth : O sing praises unto the Lord;
33. Who sitteth in the heavens over all from the beginning : lo, he doth send out his voice, yea, and that a mighty voice.
34. Ascribe ye the power to God over Israel : his worship and strength is in the clouds.
35. O God, wonderful art thou in thy holy places : even the God of Israel, he will give strength and power unto his people; blessed be God.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.