See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 69. Salvum me fac
SAVE me, O God : for the waters are come in, even unto my soul.
2. I stick fast in the deep mire, where no ground is : I am come into deep waters, so that the floods run over me.
3. I am weary of crying; my throat is dry : my sight faileth me for waiting so long upon my God.
4. They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head : they that are mine enemies, and would destroy me guiltless, are mighty.
5. I paid them the things that I never took : God, thou knowest my simpleness, and my faults are not hid from thee.
6. Let not them that trust in thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my cause : let not those that seek thee be confounded through me, O Lord God of Israel.
7. And why? for thy sake have I suffered reproof : shame hath covered my face.
8. I am become a stranger unto my brethren : even an alien unto my mother’s children.
9. For the zeal of thine house hath even eaten me : and the rebukes of them that rebuked thee are fallen upon me.
10. I wept, and chastened myself with fasting : and that was turned to my reproof.
11. I put on sackcloth also : and they jested upon me.
12. They that sit in the gate speak against me : and the drunkards make songs upon me.
13. But, Lord, I make my prayer unto thee : in an acceptable time.
14. Hear me, O God, in the multitude of thy mercy : even in the truth of thy salvation.
15. Take me out of the mire, that I sink not : O let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.
16. Let not the water-flood drown me, neither let the deep swallow me up : and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.
17. Hear me, O Lord, for thy loving-kindness is comfortable : turn thee unto me according to the multitude of thy mercies.
18. And hide not thy face from thy servant, for I am in trouble : O haste thee, and hear me.
19. Draw nigh unto my soul, and save it : O deliver me, because of mine enemies.
20. Thou hast known my reproof, my shame, and my dishonour : mine adversaries are all in thy sight.
21. Thy rebuke hath broken my heart; I am full of heaviness : I looked for some to have pity on me, but there was no man, neither found I any to comfort me.
22. They gave me gall to eat : and when I was thirsty they gave me vinegar to drink.
23. Let their table be made a snare to take themselves withal : and let the things that should have been for their wealth be unto them an occasion of falling.
24. Let their eyes be blinded, that they see not : and ever bow thou down their backs.
25. Pour out thine indignation upon them : and let thy wrathful displeasure take hold of them.
26. Let their habitation be void : and no man to dwell in their tents.
27. For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten : and they talk how they may vex them whom thou hast wounded.
28. Let them fall from one wickedness to another : and not come into thy righteousness.
29. Let them be wiped out of the book of the living : and not be written among the righteous.
30. As for me, when I am poor and in heaviness : thy help, O God, shall lift me up.
31. I will praise the Name of God with a song : and magnify it with thanksgiving.
32. This also shall please the Lord : better than a bullock that hath horns and hoofs.
33. The humble shall consider this, and be glad : seek ye after God, and your soul shall live.
34. For the Lord heareth the poor : and despiseth not his prisoners.
35. Let heaven and earth praise him : the sea, and all that moveth therein.
36. For God will save Sion, and build the cities of Judah : that men may dwell there, and have it in possession.
37. The posterity also of his servants shall inherit it : and they that love his Name shall dwell therein.
Psalm 70. Deus, in adjutorium
HASTE thee, O God, to deliver me : make haste to help me, O Lord.
2. Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul : let them be turned backward and put to confusion that wish me evil.
3. Let them for their reward be soon brought to shame : that cry over me, There, there.
4. But let all those that seek thee be joyful and glad in thee : and let all such as delight in thy salvation say alway, The Lord be praised.
5. As for me, I am poor and in misery : haste thee unto me, O God.
6. Thou art my helper and my redeemer : O Lord, make no long tarrying.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.