See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 62. Nonne Deo?
MY SOUL truly waiteth still upon God : for of him cometh my salvation.
2. He verily is my strength and my salvation : he is my defence, so that I shall not greatly fall.
3. How long will ye imagine mischief against every man : ye shall be slain all the sort of you; yea, as a tottering wall shall ye be, and like a broken hedge.
4. Their device is only how to put him out whom God will exalt : their delight is in lies; they give good words with their mouth, but curse with their heart.
5. Nevertheless, my soul, wait thou still upon God : for my hope is in him.
6. He truly is my strength and my salvation : he is my defence, so that I shall not fall.
7. In God is my health, and my glory : the rock of my might, and in God is my trust.
8. O put your trust in him alway, ye people : pour out your hearts before him, for God is our hope.
9. As for the children of men, they are but vanity : the children of men are deceitful upon the weights, they are altogether lighter than vanity itself.
10. O trust not in wrong and robbery, give not yourselves unto vanity : if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
11. God spake once, and twice I have also heard the same : that power belongeth unto God;
12. And that thou, Lord, art merciful : for thou rewardest every man according to his work.
Psalm 63. Deus, Deus meus
O GOD, thou art my God : early will I seek thee.
2. My soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh also longeth after thee : in a barren and dry land where no water is.
3. Thus have I looked for thee in holiness : that I might behold thy power and glory.
4. For thy loving-kindness is better than the life itself : my lips shall praise thee.
5. As long as I live will I magnify thee on this manner : and lift up my hands in thy Name.
6. My soul shall be satisfied, even as it were with marrow and fatness : when my mouth praiseth thee with joyful lips.
7. Have I not remembered thee in my bed : and thought upon thee when I was waking?
8. Because thou hast been my helper : therefore under the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
9. My soul hangeth upon thee : thy right hand hath upholden me.
10. These also that seek the hurt of my soul : they shall go under the earth.
11. Let them fall upon the edge of the sword : that they may be a portion for foxes.
12. But the King shall rejoice in God; all they also that swear by him shall be commended : for the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.
Psalm 64. Exaudi, Deus
HEAR my voice, O God, in my prayer : preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
2. Hide me from the gathering together of the froward : and from the insurrection of wicked doers;
3. Who have whet their tongue like a sword : and shoot out their arrows, even bitter words;
4. That they may privily shoot at him that is perfect : suddenly do they hit him, and fear not.
5. They encourage themselves in mischief : and commune among themselves how they may lay snares, and say that no man shall see them.
6. They imagine wickedness, and practise it : that they keep secret among themselves, every man in the deep of his heart.
7. But God shall suddenly shoot at them with a swift arrow : that they shall be wounded.
8. Yea, their own tongues shall make them fall : insomuch that whoso seeth them shall laugh them to scorn.
9. And all men that see it shall say, This hath God done : for they shall perceive that it is his work.
10. The righteous shall rejoice in the Lord, and put his trust in him : and all they that are true of heart shall be glad.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.