See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 65. Te decet hymnus
THOU, O God, art praised in Sion : and unto thee shall the vow be performed in Jerusalem.
2. Thou that hearest the prayer : unto thee shall all flesh come.
3. My misdeeds prevail against me : O be thou merciful unto our sins.
4. Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and receivest unto thee : he shall dwell in thy court, and shall be satisfied with the pleasures of thy house, even of thy holy temple.
5. Thou shalt shew us wonderful things in thy righteousness, O God of our salvation : thou that art the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of them that remain in the broad sea.
6. Who in his strength setteth fast the mountains : and is girded about with power.
7. Who stilleth the raging of the sea : and the noise of his waves, and the madness of the people.
8. They also that dwell in the uttermost parts of the earth shall be afraid at thy tokens : thou that makest the outgoings of the morning and evening to praise thee.
9. Thou visitest the earth, and blessest it : thou makest it very plenteous.
10. The river of God is full of water : thou preparest their corn, for so thou providest for the earth.
11. Thou waterest her furrows, thou sendest rain into the little valleys thereof : thou makest it soft with the drops of rain, and blessest the increase of it.
12. Thou crownest the year with thy goodness : and thy clouds drop fatness.
13. They shall drop upon the dwellings of the wilderness : and the little hills shall rejoice on every side.
14. The folds shall be full of sheep : the valleys also shall stand so thick with corn, that they shall laugh and sing.
Psalm 66. Jubilate Deo
O BE joyful in God, all ye lands : sing praises unto the honour of his Name, make his praise to be glorious.
2. Say unto God, O how wonderful art thou in thy works : through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies be found liars unto thee.
3. For all the world shall worship thee : sing of thee, and praise thy Name.
4. O come hither, and behold the works of God : how wonderful he is in his doing toward the children of men.
5. He turned the sea into dry land : so that they went through the water on foot; there did we rejoice thereof.
6. He ruleth with his power for ever; his eyes behold the people : and such as will not believe shall not be able to exalt themselves.
7. O praise our God, ye people : and make the voice of his praise to be heard;
8. Who holdeth our soul in life : and suffereth not our feet to slip.
9. For thou, O God, hast proved us : thou also hast tried us, like as silver is tried.
10. Thou broughtest us into the snare : and laidest trouble upon our loins.
11. Thou sufferedst men to ride over our heads : we went through fire and water, and thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.
12. I will go into thine house with burnt-offerings : and will pay thee my vows, which I promised with my lips, and spake with my mouth, when I was in trouble.
13. I will offer unto thee fat burnt-sacrifices, with the incense of rams : I will offer bullocks and goats.
14. O come hither, and hearken, all ye that fear God : and I will tell you what he hath done for my soul.
15. I called unto him with my mouth : and gave him praises with my tongue.
16. If I incline unto wickedness with mine heart : the Lord will not hear me.
17. But God hath heard me : and considered the voice of my prayer.
18. Praised be God, who hath not cast out my prayer : nor turned his mercy from me.
Psalm 67. Deus misereatur
GOD be merciful unto us, and bless us : and shew us the light of his countenance, and be merciful unto us:
2. That thy way may be known upon earth : thy saving health among all nations.
3. Let the people praise thee, O God : yea, let all the people praise thee.
4. O let the nations rejoice and be glad : for thou shalt judge the folk righteously, and govern the nations upon earth.
5. Let the people praise thee, O God : let all the people praise thee.
6. Then shall the earth bring forth her increase : and God, even our own God, shall give us his blessing.
7. God shall bless us : and all the ends of the world shall fear him.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.