See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 56. Miserere mei, Deus
BE MERCIFUL unto me, O God, for man goeth about to devour me : he is daily fighting, and troubling me.
2. Mine enemies are daily in hand to swallow me up : for they be many that fight against me, O thou most Highest.
3. Nevertheless, though I am sometime afraid : yet put I my trust in thee.
4. I will praise God, because of his word : I have put my trust in God, and will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
5. They daily mistake my words : all that they imagine is to do me evil.
6. They hold all together, and keep themselves close : and mark my steps, when they lay wait for my soul.
7. Shall they escape for their wickedness : thou, O God, in thy displeasure shalt cast them down.
8. Thou tellest my flittings; put my tears into thy bottle : are not these things noted in thy book?
9. Whensoever I call upon thee, then shall mine enemies be put to flight : this I know; for God is on my side.
10. In God’s word I will rejoice : in the Lord’s word will I comfort me.
11. Yea, in God have I put my trust : I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
12. Unto thee, O God, will I pay my vows : unto thee will I give thanks.
13. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, and my feet from falling : that I may walk before God in the light of the living.
Psalm 57. Miserere mei, Deus
BE MERCIFUL unto me, O God, be merciful unto me, for my soul trusteth in thee : and under the shadow of thy wings shall be my refuge, until this tyranny be over-past.
2. I will call unto the most high God : even unto the God that shall perform the cause which I have in hand.
3. He shall send from heaven : and save me from the reproof of him that would eat me up.
4. God shall send forth his mercy and truth : my soul is among lions.
5. And I lie even among the children of men, that are set on fire : whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword
6. Set up thyself, O God, above the heavens : and thy glory above all the earth.
7. They have laid a net for my feet, and pressed down my soul : they have digged a pit before me, and are fallen into the midst of it themselves.
8. My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed : I will sing, and give praise.
9. Awake up, my glory; awake, lute and harp : I myself will awake right early.
10. I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the people : and I will sing unto thee among the nations.
11. For the greatness of thy mercy reacheth unto the heavens : and thy truth unto the clouds.
12. Set up thyself, O God, above the heavens : and thy glory above all the earth.
Psalm 58. Si vere utique
ARE your minds set upon righteousness, O ye congregation : and do ye judge the thing that is right, O ye sons of men?
2. Yea, ye imagine mischief in your heart upon the earth : and your hands deal with wickedness.
3. The ungodly are froward, even from their mother’s womb : as soon as they are born, they go astray, and speak lies.
4. They are as venomous as the poison of a serpent : even like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ears;
5. Which refuseth to hear the voice of the charmer : charm he never so wisely.
6. Break their teeth, O God, in their mouths; smite the jaw-bones of the lions, O Lord : let them fall away like water that runneth apace; and when they shoot their arrows let them be rooted out.
7. Let them consume away like a snail, and be like the untimely fruit of a woman : and let them not see the sun.
8. Or ever your pots be made hot with thorns : so let indignation vex him, even as a thing that is raw.
9. The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance : he shall wash his footsteps in the blood of the ungodly.
10. So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous : doubtless there is a God that judgeth the earth.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.