See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 59. Eripe me de inimicis
DELIVER me from mine enemies, O God : defend me from them that rise up against me.
2. O deliver me from the wicked doers : and save me from the blood-thirsty men.
3. For lo, they lie waiting for my soul : the mighty men are gathered against me, without any offence or fault of me, O Lord.
4. They run and prepare themselves without my fault : arise thou therefore to help me, and behold.
5. Stand up, O Lord God of hosts, thou God of Israel, to visit all the heathen : and be not merciful unto them that offend of malicious wickedness.
6. They go to and fro in the evening : they grin like a dog, and run about through the city.
7. Behold, they speak with their mouth, and swords are in their lips : for who doth hear?
8. But thou. O Lord, shalt have them in derision : and thou shalt laugh all the heathen to scorn.
9. My strength will I ascribe unto thee : for thou art the God of my refuge.
10. God sheweth me his goodness plenteously : and God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.
11. Slay them not, lest my people forget it : but scatter them abroad among the people, and put them down, O Lord, our defence.
12. For the sin of their mouth, and for the words of their lips, they shall be taken in their pride : and why? their preaching is of cursing and lies.
13. Consume them in thy wrath, consume them, that they may perish : and know that it is God that ruleth in Jacob, and unto the ends of the world.
14. And in the evening they will return : grin like a dog, and will go about the city.
15. They will run here and there for meat : and grudge if they be not satisfied.
16. As for me, I will sing of thy power, and will praise thy mercy betimes in the morning : for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing : for thou, O God, art my refuge, and my merciful God.
Psalm 60. Deus, repulisti nos
O GOD, thou hast cast us out, and scattered us abroad : thou hast also been displeased; O turn thee unto us again.
2. Thou hast moved the land, and divided it : heal the sores thereof, for it shaketh.
3. Thou hast shewed thy people heavy things : thou hast given us a drink of deadly wine.
4. Thou hast given a token for such as fear thee : that they may triumph because of the truth.
5. Therefore were thy beloved delivered : help me with thy right hand, and hear me.
6. God hath spoken in his holiness, I will rejoice, and divide Sichem : and mete out the valley of Succoth.
7. Gilead is mine, and Manasses is mine : Ephraim also is the strength of my head; Judah is my law-giver;
8. Moab is my wash-pot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe : Philistia, be thou glad of me.
9. Who will lead me into the strong city : who will bring me into Edom?
10. Hast not thou cast us out, O God : wilt not thou, O God, go out with our hosts?
11. O be thou our help in trouble : for vain is the help of man.
12. Through God will we do great acts : for it is he that shall tread down our enemies.
Psalm 61. Exaudi, Deus
HEAR my crying, O God : give ear unto my prayer.
2. From the ends of the earth will I call upon thee : when my heart is in heaviness.
3. O set me up upon the rock that is higher than I : for thou hast been my hope, and a strong tower for me against the enemy.
4. I will dwell in thy tabernacle for ever : and my trust shall be under the covering of thy wings.
5. For thou, O Lord, hast heard my desires : and hast given an heritage unto those that fear thy Name.
6. Thou shalt grant the King a long life : that his years may endure throughout all generations.
7. He shall dwell before God for ever : O prepare thy loving mercy and faithfulness, that they may preserve him.
8. So will I always sing praise unto thy Name : that I may daily perform my vows.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.