See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 50. Deus deorum
THE Lord, even the most mighty God, hath spoken : and called the world, from the rising up of the sun unto the going down thereof.
2. Out of Sion hath God appeared : in perfect beauty.
3. Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence : there shall go before him a consuming fire, and a mighty tempest shall be stirred up round about him.
4. He shall call the heaven from above : and the earth, that he may judge his people.
5. Gather my saints together unto me : those that have made a covenant with me with sacrifice.
6. And the heavens shall declare his righteousness : for God is Judge himself.
7. Hear, O my people, and I will speak : I myself will testify against thee, O Israel; for I am God, even thy God.
8. I will not reprove thee because of thy sacrifices, or for thy burnt-offerings : because they were not alway before me.
9. I will take no bullock out of thine house : nor he-goat out of thy folds.
10. For all the beasts of the forest are mine : and so are the cattle upon a thousand hills.
11. I know all the fowls upon the mountains : and the wild beasts of the field are in my sight.
12. If I be hungry, I will not tell thee : for the whole world is mine, and all that is therein.
13. Thinkest thou that I will eat bulls’ flesh : and drink the blood of goats?
14. Offer unto God thanksgiving : and pay thy vows unto the most Highest.
15. And call upon me in the time of trouble : so will I hear thee, and thou shalt praise me.
16. But unto the ungodly said God : Why dost thou preach my laws, and takest my covenant in thy mouth;
17. Whereas thou hatest to be reformed : and has cast my words behind thee?
18. When thou sawest a thief, thou consentedst unto him : and hast been partaker with the adulterers.
19. Thou hast let thy mouth speak wickedness : and with thy tongue thou hast set forth deceit.
20. Thou satest, and spakest against thy brother : yea, and hast slandered thine own mother’s son.
21. These things hast thou done, and I held my tongue, and thou thoughtest wickedly, that I am even such a one as thyself : but I will reprove thee, and set before thee the things that thou hast done.
22. O consider this, ye that forget God : lest I pluck you away, and there be none to deliver you.
23. Whoso offereth me thanks and praise, he honoureth me : and to him that ordereth his conversation right will I shew the salvation of God.
Psalm 51. Miserere mei, Deus
HAVE mercy upon me, O God, after thy great goodness : according to the multitude of thy mercies do away mine offences.
2. Wash me throughly from my wickedness : and cleanse me from my sin.
3. For I acknowledge my faults : and my sin is ever before me.
4. Against thee only have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight : that thou mightest be justified in thy saying, and clear when thou art judged.
5. Behold, I was shapen in wickedness : and in sin hath my mother conceived me.
6. But lo, thou requirest truth in the inward parts: and shalt make me to understand wisdom secretly.
7. Thou shalt purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean : thou shalt wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8. Thou shalt make me hear of joy and gladness : that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9. Turn thy face from my sins : and put out all my misdeeds.
10. Make me a clean heart, O God : and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from thy presence : and take not thy holy Spirit from me.
12. O give me the comfort of thy help again : and stablish me with thy free Spirit.
13. Then shall I teach thy ways unto the wicked : and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, thou that art the God of my health : and my tongue shall sing of thy righteousness.
15. Thou shalt open my lips, O Lord : and my mouth shall shew thy praise.
16. For thou desirest no sacrifice, else would I give it thee : but thou delightest not in burnt-offerings.
17. The sacrifice of God is a troubled spirit : a broken and contrite heart, O God, shalt thou not despise.
18. O be favourable and gracious unto Sion : build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with the burnt-offerings and oblations : then shall they offer young bullocks upon thine altar.
Psalm 52. Quid gloriaris?
WHY boastest thou thyself, thou tyrant : that thou canst do mischief;
2. Whereas the goodness of God : endureth yet daily?
3. Thy tongue imagineth wickedness : and with lies thou cuttest like a sharp rasor.
4. Thou hast loved unrighteousness more then goodness : and to talk of lies more than righteousness.
5. Thou hast loved to speak all words that may do hurt : O thou false tongue.
6. Therefore shall God destroy thee for ever : he shall take thee, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling, and root thee out of the land of the living.
7. The righteous also shall see this, and fear : and shall laugh him to scorn;
8. Lo, this is the man that took not God for his strength : but trusted unto the multitude of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.
9. As for me, I am like a green olive-tree in the house of God : my trust is in the tender mercy of God for ever and ever.
10. I will always give thanks unto thee for that thou hast done : and I will hope in thy Name, for thy saints like it well.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.