See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 144. Benedictus Dominus
BLESSED be the Lord my strength : who teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight;
2. My hope and my fortress, my castle and deliverer, my defender in whom I trust : who subdueth my people that is under me.
3. Lord, what is man, that thou hast such respect unto him : or the son of man, that thou so regardest him?
4. Man is like a thing of nought : his time passeth away like a shadow.
5. Bow thy heavens, O Lord, and come down : touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6. Cast forth thy lightning, and tear them : shoot out thine arrows, and consume them.
7. Send down thine hand from above : deliver me, and take me out of the great waters, from the hand of strange children;
8. Whose mouth talketh of vanity : and their right hand is a right hand of wickedness.
9. I will sing a new song unto thee, O God : and sing praises unto thee upon a ten-stringed lute.
10. Thou hast given victory unto kings : and hast delivered David thy servant from the peril of the sword.
11. Save me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children : whose mouth talketh of vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of iniquity.
12. That our sons may grow up as the young plants : and that our daughters may be as the polished corners of the temple.
13. That our garners may be full and plenteous with all manner of store : that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets.
14. That our oxen may be strong to labour, that there be no decay : no leading into captivity, and no complaining in our streets.
15. Happy are the people that are in such a case : yea, blessed are the people who have the Lord for their God.
Psalm 145. Exaltabo te, Deus
I WILL magnify thee, O God, my King : and I will praise thy Name for ever and ever.
2. Every day will I give thanks unto thee : and praise thy Name for ever and ever.
3. Great is the Lord, and marvellous worthy to be praised : there is no end of his greatness.
4. One generation shall praise thy works unto another : and declare thy power.
5. As for me, I will be talking of thy worship : thy glory, thy praise, and wondrous works;
6. So that men shall speak of the might of thy marvellous acts : and I will also tell of thy greatness.
7. The memorial of thine abundant kindness shall be shewed : and men shall sing of thy righteousness.
8. The Lord is gracious and merciful : long-suffering and of great goodness.
9. The Lord is loving unto every man : and his mercy is over all his works.
10. All thy works praise thee, O Lord : and thy saints give thanks unto thee.
11. They shew the glory of thy kingdom : and talk of thy power;
12. That thy power, thy glory, and mightiness of thy kingdom : might be known unto men.
13. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom : and thy dominion endureth throughout all ages.
14. The Lord upholdeth all such as fall : and lifteth up all those that are down.
15. The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord : and thou givest them their meat in due season.
16. Thou openest thine hand : and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
17. The Lord is righteous in all his ways : and holy in all his works.
18. The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him : yea, all such as call upon him faithfully.
19. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him : he also will hear their cry, and will help them.
20. The Lord preserveth all them that love him : but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.
21. My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord : and let all flesh give thanks unto his holy Name for ever and ever.
Psalm 146. Lauda, anima mea
PRAISE the Lord, O my soul; while I live will I praise the Lord : yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing praises unto my God.
2. O put not your trust in princes, nor in any child of man : for there is no help in them.
3. For when the breath of man goeth forth he shall turn again to his earth : and then all his thoughts perish.
4. Blessed is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help : and whose hope is in the Lord his God;
5. Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that therein is : who keepeth his promise for ever;
6. Who helpeth them to right that suffer wrong : who feedeth the hungry.
7. The Lord looseth men out of prison : the Lord giveth sight to the blind.
8. The Lord helpeth them that are fallen : the Lord careth for the righteous.
9. The Lord careth for the strangers, he defendeth the fatherless and widow : as for the way of the ungodly, he turneth it upside down.
10. The Lord thy God, O Sion, shall be King for evermore : and throughout all generations.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.