See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 142. Voce mea ad Dominum
I CRIED unto the Lord with my voice : yea, even unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
2. I poured out my complaints before him : and shewed him of my trouble.
3. When my spirit was in heaviness thou knewest my path : in the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
4. I looked also upon my right hand : and saw there was no man that would know me.
5. I had no place to flee unto : and no man cared for my soul.
6. I cried unto thee, O Lord, and said : Thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the living.
7. Consider my complaint : for I am brought very low.
8. O deliver me from my persecutors : for they are too strong for me.
9. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy Name : which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.
Psalm 143. Domine, exaudi
HEAR my prayer, O Lord, and consider my desire : hearken unto me for thy truth and righteousness’ sake.
2. And enter not into judgement with thy servant : for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
3. For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground : he hath laid me in the darkness, as the men that have been long dead.
4. Therefore is my spirit vexed within me : and my heart within me is desolate.
5. Yet do I remember the time past; I muse upon all thy works : yea, I exercise myself in the works of thy hands.
6. I stretch forth my hands unto thee : my soul gaspeth unto thee as a thirsty land.
7. Hear me, O Lord, and that soon, for my spirit waxeth faint : hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
8. O let me hear thy loving-kindness betimes in the morning, for in thee is my trust : shew thou me the way that I should walk in, for I lift up my soul unto thee.
9. Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies : for I flee unto thee to hide me.
10. Teach me to do the thing that pleaseth thee, for thou art my God : let thy loving Spirit lead me forth into the land of righteousness.
11. Quicken me, O Lord, for thy Name’s sake : and for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12. And of thy goodness slay mine enemies : and destroy all them that vex my soul ; for I am thy servant.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.