O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Lucerna pedibus meis
THY word is a lantern unto my feet : and a light unto my paths.
106. I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed : to keep thy righteous judgements.
107. I am troubled above measure : quicken me, O Lord, according to thy word.
108. Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O Lord : and teach me thy judgements.
109. My soul is alway in my hand : yet do I not forget thy law.
110. The ungodly have laid a snare for me : but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.
111. Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever : and why? they are the very joy of my heart.
112. I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway : even unto the end.
Iniquos odio habui
I HATE them that imagine evil things : but thy law do I love.
114. Thou art my defence and shield : and my trust is in thy word.
115. Away from me, ye wicked : I will keep the commandments of my God.
116. O stablish me according to thy word, that I may live : and let me not be disappointed of my hope.
117. Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe : yea, my delight shall be ever in thy statutes.
118. Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy statutes : for they imagine but deceit.
119. Thou puttest away all the ungodly of the earth like dross : therefore I love thy testimonies.
120. My flesh trembleth for fear of thee : and I am afraid of thy judgements.
I DEAL with the thing that is lawful and right : O give me not over unto mine oppressors.
122. Make thou thy servant to delight in that which is good : that the proud do me no wrong.
123. Mine eyes are wasted away with looking for thy health : and for the word of thy righteousness.
124. O deal with thy servant according unto thy loving mercy : and teach me thy statutes.
125. I am thy servant, O grant me understanding : that I may know thy testimonies.
126. It is time for thee, Lord, to lay to thine hand : for they have destroyed thy law.
127. For I love thy commandments : above gold and precious stone.
128. Therefore hold I straight all thy commandments : and all false ways I utterly abhor.
THY testimonies are wonderful : therefore doth my soul keep them.
130. When thy word goeth forth : it giveth light and understanding unto the simple.
131. I opened my mouth, and drew in my breath : for my delight was in thy commandments.
132. O look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me : as thou usest to do unto those that love thy Name.
133. Order my steps in thy word : and so shall no wickedness have dominion over me.
134. O deliver me from the wrongful dealings of men : and so shall I keep thy commandments.
135. Shew the light of thy countenance upon thy servant : and teach me thy statutes.
136. Mine eyes gush out with water : because men keep not thy law.
Justus es, Domine
RIGHTEOUS art thou, O Lord : and true is thy judgement.
138. The testimonies that thou hast commanded : are exceeding righteous and true.
139. My zeal hath even consumed me : because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
140. Thy word is tried to the uttermost : and thy servant loveth it.
141. I am small, and of no reputation : yet do I not forget thy commandments.
142. Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness : and thy law is the truth.
143. Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me : yet is my delight in thy commandments.
144. The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting : O grant me understanding, and I shall live.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.