O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Clamavi in toto corde meo
I CALL with my whole heart : hear me, O Lord, I will keep thy statutes.
146. Yea, even unto thee do I call : help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
147. Early in the morning do I cry unto thee : for in thy word is my trust.
148. Mine eyes prevent the night-watches : that I might be occupied in thy words.
149. Hear my voice, O Lord, according unto thy loving-kindness : quicken me, according as thou art wont.
150. They draw nigh that of malice persecute me : and are far from thy law.
151. Be thou nigh at hand, O Lord : for all thy commandments are true.
152. As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since : that thou hast grounded them for ever.
O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me : for I do not forget thy law.
154. Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me : quicken me, according to thy word.
155. Health is far from the ungodly : for they regard not thy statutes.
156. Great is thy mercy, O Lord : quicken me, as thou art wont.
157. Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me : yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
158. It grieveth me when I see the transgressors : because they keep not thy law.
159. Consider, O Lord, how I love thy commandments : O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.
160. Thy word is true from everlasting : all the judgements of thy righteousness endure for evermore.
Principes persecuti sunt
PRINCES have persecuted me without a cause : but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
162. I am as glad of thy word : as one that findeth great spoils.
163. As for lies, I hate and abhor them : but thy law do I love.
164. Seven times a day do I praise thee : because of thy righteous judgements.
165. Great is the peace that they have who love thy law : and they are not offended at it.
166. Lord, I have looked for thy saving health : and done after thy commandments.
167. My soul hath kept thy testimonies : and loved them exceedingly.
168. I have kept thy commandments and testimonies : for all my ways are before thee.
LET my complaint come before thee, O Lord : give me understanding, according to thy word.
170. Let my supplication come before thee : deliver me, according to thy word.
171. My lips shall speak of thy praise : when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
172. Yea, my tongue shall sing of thy word : for all thy commandments are righteous.
173. Let thine hand help me : for I have chosen thy commandments.
174. I have longed for thy saving health, O Lord : and in thy law is my delight.
175. O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee : and thy judgements shall help me.
176. I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost : O seek thy servant, for I do not forget thy commandments.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.