O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Manus tuae fecerunt me
THY hands have made me and fashioned me: O give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
74. They that fear thee will be glad when they see me : because I have put my trust in thy word.
75. I know, O Lord, that thy judgements are right : and that thou of very faithfulness hast caused me to be troubled.
76. O let thy merciful kindness be my comfort : according to thy word unto thy servant.
77. O let thy loving mercies come unto me, that I may live : for thy law is my delight.
78. Let the proud be confounded, for they go wickedly about to destroy me : but I will be occupied in thy commandments.
79. Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies : be turned unto me.
80. O let my heart be sound in thy statutes : that I be not ashamed.
Defecit anima mea
MY SOUL hath longed for thy salvation : and I have a good hope because of thy word.
82. Mine eyes long sore for thy word : saying, O when wilt thou comfort me?
83. For I am become like a bottle in the smoke : yet do I not forget thy statutes.
84. How many are the days of thy servant : when wilt thou be avenged of them that persecute me?
85. The proud have digged pits for me : which are not after thy law.
86. All thy commandments are true : they persecute me falsely; O be thou my help.
87. They had almost made an end of me upon earth : but I forsook not thy commandments.
88. O quicken me after thy loving-kindness : and so shall I keep the testimonies of thy mouth.
In aeternum. Domine
O LORD, thy word : endureth for ever in heaven.
90. Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another : thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.
91. They continue this day according to thine ordinance : for all things serve thee.
92. If my delight had not been in thy law : I should have perished in my trouble.
93. I will never forget thy commandments : for with them thou hast quickened me.
94. I am thine, O save me : for I have sought thy commandments.
95. The ungodly laid wait for me to destroy me : but I will consider thy testimonies.
96. I see that all things come to an end : but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
LORD, what love have I unto thy law : all the day long is my study in it.
98. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies : for they are ever with me.
99. I have more understanding than my teachers : for thy testimonies are my study.
100. I am wiser than the aged : because I keep thy commandments.
101. I have refrained my feet from every evil way : that I may keep thy word.
102. I have not shrunk from thy judgements : for thou teachest me.
103. O how sweet are thy words unto my throat : yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth.
104. Through thy commandments I get understanding : therefore I hate all evil ways.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.