O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
BLESSED are those that are undefiled in the way : and walk in the law of the Lord.
2. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies : and seek him with their whole heart.
3. For they who do no wickedness : walk in his ways.
4. Thou hast charged : that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
5. O that my ways were made so direct : that I might keep thy statutes!
6. So shall I not be confounded : while I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7. I will thank thee with an unfeigned heart : when I shall have learned the judgements of thy righteousness.
8. I will keep thy ceremonies : O forsake me not utterly.
In quo corriget?
WHEREWITHAL shall a young man cleanse his way : even by ruling himself after thy word.
10. With my whole heart have I sought thee : O let me not go wrong out of thy commandments.
11. Thy words have I hid within my heart : that I should not sin against thee.
12. Blessed art thou, O Lord : O teach me thy statutes.
13. With my lips have I been telling : of all the judgements of thy mouth.
14. I have had as great delight in the way of thy testimonies : as in all manner of riches.
15. I will talk of thy commandments : and have respect unto thy ways.
16. My delight shall be in thy statutes : and I will not forget thy word.
Retribue servo tuo
O DO well unto thy servant : that I may live, and keep thy word.
18. Open thou mine eyes : that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.
19. I am a stranger upon earth : O hide not thy commandments from me.
20. My soul breaketh out for the very fervent desire : that it hath alway unto thy judgements.
21. Thou hast rebuked the proud : and cursed are they that do err from thy commandments.
22. O turn from me shame and rebuke : for I have kept thy testimonies.
23. Princes also did sit and speak against me : but thy servant is occupied in thy statutes.
24. For thy testimonies are my delight : and my counsellors.
MY SOUL cleaveth to the dust : O quicken thou me, according to thy word.
26. I have acknowledged my ways, and thou heardest me : O teach me thy statutes.
27. Make me to understand the way of thy commandments : and so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
28. My soul melteth away for very heaviness : comfort thou me according unto thy word.
29. Take from me the way of lying : and cause thou me to make much of thy law.
30. I have chosen the way of truth : and thy judgements have I laid before me.
31. I have stuck unto thy testimonies : O Lord, confound me not.
32. I will run the way of thy commandments : when thou hast set my heart at liberty.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.