See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 30. Exaltabo te, Domine
I WILL magnify thee, O Lord, for thou hast set me up : and not made my foes to triumph over me.
2. O Lord my God, I cried unto thee : and thou hast healed me.
3. Thou, Lord, hast brought my soul out of hell : thou hast kept my life from them that go down to the pit.
4. Sing praises unto the Lord, O ye saints of his : and give thanks unto him for a remembrance of his holiness.
5. For his wrath endureth but the twinkling of an eye, and in his pleasure is life : heaviness may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be removed : thou, Lord, of thy goodness hast made my hill so strong.
7. Thou didst turn thy face from me : and I was troubled.
8. Then cried I unto thee, O Lord : and gat me to my Lord right humbly.
9. What profit is there in my blood : when I go down to the pit?
10. Shall the dust give thanks unto thee : or shall it declare thy truth?
11. Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me : Lord, be thou my helper.
12. Thou hast turned my heaviness into joy : thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness.
13. Therefore shall every good man sing of thy praise without ceasing : O my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
Psalm 31. In te, Domine, speravi
IN THEE, O Lord, have I put my trust : let me never be put to confusion, deliver me in thy righteousness.
2. Bow down thine ear to me : make haste to deliver me.
3. And be thou my strong rock, and house of defence : that thou mayest save me.
4. For thou art my strong rock, and my castle : be thou also my guide, and lead me for thy Name’s sake.
5. Draw me out of the net that they have laid privily for me : for thou art my strength.
6. Into thy hands I commend my spirit : for thou hast redeemed me, O Lord, thou God of truth.
7. I have hated them that hold of superstitious vanities : and my trust hath been in the Lord.
8. I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy : for thou hast considered my trouble, and hast known my soul in adversities.
9. Thou hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy : but hast set my feet in a large room.
10. Have mercy upon me, O Lord , for I am in trouble : and mine eye is consumed for very heaviness; yea, my soul and my body.
11. For my life is waxen old with heaviness : and my years with mourning.
12. My strength faileth me, because of mine iniquity : and my bones are consumed.
13. I became a reproof among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours : and they of mine acquaintance were afraid of me; and they that did see me without conveyed themselves from me.
14. I am clean forgotten, as a dead man out of mind : I am become like a broken vessel.
15. For I have heard the blasphemy of the multitude : and fear is on every side, while they conspire together against me, and take their counsel to take away my life.
16. But my hope hath been in thee, O Lord : I have said, Thou art my God.
17. My time is in thy hand; deliver me from the hand of mine enemies : and from them that persecute me.
18. Shew thy servant the light of thy countenance : and save me for thy mercy’s sake.
19. Let me not be confounded, O Lord, for I have called upon thee : let the ungodly be put to confusion, and be put to silence in the grave.
20. Let the lying lips be put to silence : which cruelly, disdainfully, and despitefully, speak against the righteous.
21. O how plentiful is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee : and that thou hast prepared for them that put their trust in thee, even before the sons of men!
22. Thou shalt hide them privily by thine own presence from the provoking of all men : thou shalt keep them secretly in thy tabernacle from the strife of tongues.
23. Thanks be to the Lord : for he hath shewed me marvellous great kindness in a strong city.
24. And when I made haste, I said : I am cast out of the sight of thine eyes.
25. Nevertheless, thou heardest the voice of my prayer : when I cried unto thee.
26. O love the Lord, all ye his saints : for the Lord preserveth them that are faithful, and plenteously rewardeth the proud doer.
27. Be strong, and he shall establish your heart : all ye that put your trust in the Lord.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.