See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 27. Dominus illuminatio
THE Lord is my light and my salvation ; whom then shall I fear : the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh : they stumbled and fell.
3. Though an host of men were laid against me, yet shall not my heart be afraid : and though there rose up war against me, yet will I put my trust in him.
4. One thing have I desired of the Lord, which I will require : even that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the fair beauty of the Lord, and to visit his temple.
5. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle : yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me, and set me up upon a rock of stone.
6. And now shall he lift up mine head : above mine enemies round about me.
7. Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an oblation with great gladness : I will sing, and speak praises unto the Lord.
8. Hearken unto my voice, O Lord, when I cry unto thee : have mercy upon me, and hear me.
9. My heart hath talked of thee, Seek ye my face : Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
10. O hide not thou thy face from me : nor cast thy servant away in displeasure.
11. Thou hast been my succour : leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
12. When my father and my mother forsake me : the Lord taketh me up.
13. Teach me thy way, O Lord : and lead me in the right way, because of mine enemies.
14. Deliver me not over into the will of mine adversaries : for there are false witnesses risen up against me, and such as speak wrong.
15. I should utterly have fainted : but that I believe verily to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
16. O tarry thou the Lord’s leisure : be strong, and he shall comfort thine heart ; and put thou thy trust in the Lord.
Psalm 28. Ad te, Domine
UNTO thee will I cry, O Lord my strength : think no scorn of me; lest, if thou make as though thou hearest not, I become like them that go down into the pit.
2. Hear the voice of my humble petitions, when I cry unto thee : when I hold up my hands towards the mercy-seat of thy holy temple.
3. O pluck me not away, neither destroy me, with the ungodly and wicked doers : which speak friendly to their neighbours, but imagine mischief in their hearts.
4. Reward them according to their deeds : and according to the wickedness of their own inventions.
5. Recompense them after the work of their hands : pay them that they have deserved.
6. For they regard not in their mind the works of the Lord, nor the operation of his hands : therefore shall he break them down, and not build them up.
7. Praised be the Lord : for he hath heard the voice of my humble petitions.
8. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart hath trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart danceth for joy, and in my song will I praise him.
9. The Lord is my strength : and he is the wholesome defence of his Anointed.
10. O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto thine inheritance : feed them , and set them up for ever.
Psalm 29. Afferte Domino
BRING unto the Lord, O ye mighty, bring young rams unto the Lord : ascribe unto the Lord worship and strength.
2. Give the Lord the honour due unto his Name : worship the Lord with holy worship.
3. It is the Lord that commandeth the waters : it is the glorious God that maketh the thunder.
4. It is the Lord that ruleth the sea; the voice of the Lord is mighty in operation : the voice of the Lord is a glorious voice.
5. The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedar-trees : yea, the Lord breaketh the cedars of Libanus.
6. He maketh them also to skip like a calf : Libanus also, and Sirion, like a young unicorn.
7. The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire; the voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness : yea, the Lord shaketh the wilderness of Cades.
8. The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to bring forth young, and discovereth the thick bushes : in his temple doth every man speak of his honour.
9. The Lord sitteth above the water-flood : and the Lord remaineth a King for ever.
10. The Lord shall give strength unto his people : the Lord shall give his people the blessing of peace.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.