See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 9. Confitebor tibi
I WILL give thanks unto thee, O Lord, with my whole heart : I will speak of all thy marvellous works.
2. I will be glad and rejoice in thee : yea, my songs will I make of thy Name, O thou most Highest.
3. While mine enemies are driven back : they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
4. For thou hast maintained my right and my cause : thou art set in the throne that judgest right.
5. Thou hast rebuked the heathen, and destroyed the ungodly : thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
6. O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end : even as the cities which thou hast destroyed, their memorial is perished with them.
7. But the Lord shall endure for ever : he hath also prepared his seat for judgement.
8. For he shall judge the world in righteousness : and minister true judgement unto the people.
9. The Lord also will be a defence for the oppressed : even a refuge in due time of trouble.
10. And they that know thy Name will put their trust in thee : for thou, Lord, hast never failed them that seek thee.
11. O praise the Lord which dwelleth in Sion : shew the people of his doings.
12. For when he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them : and forgetteth not the complaint of the poor.
13. Have mercy upon me, O Lord; consider the trouble which I suffer of them that hate me : thou that liftest me up from the gates of death.
14. That I may shew all thy praises within the ports of the daughter of Sion : I will rejoice in thy salvation.
15. The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made : in the same net which they hid privily, is their foot taken.
16. The Lord is known to execute judgement : the ungodly is trapped in the work of his own hands.
17. The wicked shall be turned into hell : and all the people that forget God.
18. For the poor shall not alway be forgotten : the patient abiding of the meek shall not perish for ever.
19. Up, Lord, and let not man have the upper hand : let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
20. Put them in fear, O Lord : that the heathen may know themselves to be but men.
Psalm 10. Ut quid, Domine?
WHY standest thou so far off, O Lord : and hidest thy face in the needful time of trouble?
2. The ungodly for his own lust doth persecute the poor : let them be taken in the crafty wiliness that they have imagined.
3. For the ungodly hath made boast of his own heart’s desire : and speaketh good of the covetous, whom God abhorreth.
4. The ungodly is so proud, that he careth not for God ; neither is God in all his thoughts.
5. His ways are alway grievous : thy judgements are far above out of his sight, and therefore defieth he all his enemies.
6. For he hath said in his heart, Tush, I shall never be cast down : there shall no harm happen unto me.
7. His mouth is full of cursing, deceit, and fraud : under his tongue is ungodliness and vanity.
8. He sitteth lurking in the thievish corners of the streets : and privily in his lurking dens doth he murder the innocent; his eyes are set against the poor.
9. For he lieth waiting secretly, even as a lion lurketh he in his den : that he may ravish the poor.
10. He doth ravish the poor : when he getteth him into his net.
11. He falleth down, and humbleth himself : that the congregation of the poor may fall into the hands of his captains.
12. He hath said in his heart, Tush, God hath forgotten : he hideth away his face, and he will never see it.
13. Arise, O Lord God, and lift up thine hand : forget not the poor.
14. Wherefore should the wicked blaspheme God : while he doth say in his heart, Tush, thou God carest not for it.
15. Surely thou hast seen it : for thou beholdest ungodliness and wrong.
16. That thou mayest take the matter into thy hand : the poor committeth himself unto thee; for thou art the helper of the friendless.
17. Break thou the power of the ungodly and malicious : take away his ungodliness, and thou shalt find none.
18. The Lord is King for ever and ever : and the heathen are perished out of the land.
19. Lord, thou hast heard the desire of the poor : thou preparest their heart, and thine ear hearkeneth thereto;
20. To help the fatherless and poor unto their right : that the man of the earth be no more exalted against them.
Psalm 11. In Domino confido
IN THE Lord put I my trust : how say ye then to my soul, that she should flee as a bird unto the hill?
2. For lo, the ungodly bend their bow, and make ready their arrows within the quiver : that they may privily shoot at them which are true of heart.
3. For the foundations will be cast down : and what hath the righteous done?
4. The Lord is in his holy temple : the Lord’s seat is in heaven.
5. His eyes consider the poor : and his eye-lids try the children of men.
6. The Lord alloweth the righteous : but the ungodly, and him that delighteth in wickedness, doth his soul abhor.
7. Upon the ungodly he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, storm and tempest : this shall be their portion to drink.
8. For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness : his countenance will behold the thing that is just.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.