See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 12. Salvum me fac
HELP me, Lord, for there is not one godly man left : for the faithful are minished from among the children of men,
2. They talk of vanity every one with his neighbour : they do but flatter with their lips, and dissemble in their double heart.
3. The Lord shall root out all deceitful lips : and the tongue that speaketh proud things;
4. Which have said, With our tongue will we prevail : we are they that ought to speak , who is lord over us?
5. Now for the comfortless trouble’s sake of the needy : and because of the deep sighing of the poor,
6. I will up, saith the Lord : and will help every one from him that swelleth against him, and will set him at rest.
7. The words of the Lord are pure words : even as the silver, which from the earth is tried, and purified seven times in the fire.
8. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord : thou shalt preserve him from this generation for ever.
9. The ungodly walk on every side : when they are exalted, the children of men are put to rebuke.
Psalm 13. Usque quo, Domine?
HOW long wilt thou forget me, O Lord, for ever : how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2. How long shall I seek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed in my heart : how long shall mine enemies triumph over me?
3. Consider, and hear me, O Lord my God : lighten mine eyes, that I sleep not in death.
4. Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him : for if I be cast down, they that trouble me will rejoice at it.
5. But my trust is in thy mercy : and my heart is joyful in thy salvation.
6. I will sing of the Lord, because he hath dealt so lovingly with me : yea, I will praise the Name of the Lord most Highest.
Psalm 14. Dixit insipiens
THE fool hath said in his heart : There is no God.
2. They are corrupt, and become abominable in their doings : there is none that doeth good, no not one.
3. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men : to see if there were any that would understand, and seek after God.
4. But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become abominable : there is none that doeth good, no not one.
5. Their throat is an open sepulchre, with their tongues have they deceived : the poison of asps is under their lips.
6. Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness : their feet are swift to shed blood.
7. Destruction and unhappiness is in their ways, and the way of peace have they not known ; there is no fear of God before their eyes.
8. Have they no knowledge, that they are all such workers of mischief : eating up my people as it were bread, and call not upon the Lord?
9. There were they brought in great fear, even where no fear was : for God is in the generation of the righteous.
10. As for you, ye have made a mock at the counsel of the poor : because he putteth his trust in the Lord.
11. Who shall give salvation unto Israel out of Sion? When the Lord turneth the captivity of his people : then shall Jacob rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
(The maintainer of this site suggests using The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year. An alternative to consider is the Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org)
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.