See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 1. Beatus vir, qui non abiit, &c.
BLESSED is the man that hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners : and hath not sat in the seat of the scornful.
2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord : and in his law will he exercise himself day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the water-side : that will bring forth his fruit in due season.
4. His leaf also shall not wither : and look, whatsoever he doeth, it shall prosper.
5. As for the ungodly, it is not so with them : but they are like the chaff, which the wind scattereth away from the face of the earth.
6. Therefore the ungodly shall not be able to stand in the judgement : neither the sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
7. But the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous : and the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Psalm 2. Quare fremuerunt gentes?
WHY do the heathen so furiously rage together : and why do the people imagine a vain thing?
2. The kings of the earth stand up, and the rulers take counsel together : against the Lord, and against his Anointed.
3. Let us break their bonds asunder : and cast away their cords from us.
4. He that dwelleth in heaven shall laugh them to scorn : the Lord shall have them in derision.
5. Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath : and vex them in his sore displeasure.
6. Yet have I set my King : upon my holy hill of Sion.
7. I will preach the law, whereof the Lord hath said unto me : Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
8. Desire of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance: and the utmost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9. Thou shalt bruise them with a rod of iron : and break them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
10. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings : be learned, ye that are judges of the earth.
11. Serve the Lord in fear : and rejoice unto him with reverence.
12. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and so ye perish from the right way : if his wrath be kindled, (yea, but a little,) blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Psalm 3. Domine, quid multiplicati,
LORD, how are they increased that trouble me : many are they that rise against me.
2. Many one there be that say of my soul : There is no help for him in his God.
3. But thou, O Lord, art my defender : thou art my worship, and the lifter up of my head.
4. I did call upon the Lord with my voice : and he heard me out of his holy hill.
5. I laid me down and slept, and rose up again : for the Lord sustained me.
6. I will not be afraid for ten thousands of the people : that have set themselves against me round about.
7. Up, Lord, and help me, O my God : for thou smitest all mine enemies upon the cheekbone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8. Salvation belongeth unto the Lord : and thy blessing is upon thy people.
Psalm 4. Cum invocarem
HEAR me when I call, O God of my righteousness : thou hast set me at liberty when I was in trouble; have mercy upon me, and hearken unto my prayer.
2. O ye sons of men, how long will ye blaspheme mine honour : and have such pleasure in vanity, and seek after leasing?
3. Know this also, that the Lord hath chosen to himself the man that is godly: when I call upon the Lord, he will hear me.
4. Stand in awe, and sin not : commune with your own heart, and in your chamber, and be still.
5. Offer the sacrifice of righteousness : and put your trust in the Lord.
6. There be many that say : Who will shew us any good?
7. Lord, lift thou up : the light of thy countenance upon us.
8. Thou hast put gladness in my heart : since the time that their corn and wine and oil increased.
9. I will lay me down in peace, and take my rest : for it is thou, Lord, only, that makest me dwell in safety.
Psalm 5. Verba mea auribus.
PONDER my words, O Lord : consider my meditation
2. O hearken thou unto the voice of my calling, my King, and my God : for unto thee will I make my prayer.
3. My voice shalt thou hear betimes, O Lord : early in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
4. For thou art the God that hast no pleasure in wickedness : neither shall any evil dwell with thee.
5. Such as be foolish shall not stand in thy sight : for thou hatest all them that work vanity.
6. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing : the Lord will abhor both the blood-thirsty and deceitful man.
7. But as for me, I will come into thine house, even upon the multitude of thy mercy : and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
8. Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness, because of mine enemies : make thy way plain before my face.
9. For there is no faithfulness in his mouth : their inward parts are very wickedness.
10. Their throat is an open sepulchre : they flatter with their tongue.
11. Destroy thou them, O God; let them perish through their own imaginations : cast them out in the multitude of their ungodliness; for they have rebelled against thee.
12. And let all them that put their trust in thee rejoice : they shall ever be giving of thanks, because thou defendest them; they that love thy Name shall be joyful in thee;
13. For thou, Lord, wilt give thy blessing unto the righteous : and with thy favourable kindness wilt thou defend him as with a shield.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.