See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 6. Domine, ne in furore
O LORD, rebuke me not in thine indignation : neither chasten me in thy displeasure.
2. Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am weak : O Lord, heal me, for my bones are vexed.
3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, Lord, how long wilt thou punish me?
4. Turn thee, O Lord, and deliver my soul : O save me for thy mercy’s sake.
5. For in death no man remembereth thee : and who will give thee thanks in the pit?
6. I am weary of my groaning; every night wash I my bed : and water my couch with my tears.
7. My beauty is gone for very trouble : and worn away because of all mine enemies.
8. Away from me, all ye that work vanity : for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
9. The Lord hath heard my petition : the Lord will receive my prayer.
10. All mine enemies shall be confounded, and sore vexed : they shall be turned back, and put to shame suddenly.
Psalm 7. Domine, Deus meus
O LORD my God, in thee have I put my trust : save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me;
2. Lest he devour my soul, like a lion, and tear it in pieces : while there is none to help.
3. O Lord my God, if I have done any such thing : or if there be any wickedness in my hands;
4. If I have rewarded evil unto him that dealt friendly with me : yea, I have delivered him that without any cause is mine enemy,
5. Then let mine enemy persecute my soul, and take me : yea, let him tread my life down upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust.
6. Stand up, O Lord, in thy wrath, and lift up thyself, because of the indignation of mine enemies : arise up for me in the judgement that thou hast commanded.
7. And so shall the congregation of the people come about thee : for their sakes therefore lift up thyself again.
8. The Lord shall judge the people; give sentence with me, O Lord : according to my righteousness, and according to the innocency that is in me.
9. O let the wickedness of the ungodly come to an end : but guide thou the just.
10. For the righteous God : trieth the very hearts and reins.
11. My help cometh of God : who preserveth them that are true of heart.
12. God is a righteous Judge, strong and patient : and God is provoked every day.
13. If a man will not turn, he will whet his sword : he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
14. He hath prepared for him the instruments of death : he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors
15. Behold, he travaileth with mischief : he hath conceived sorrow, and brought forth ungodliness.
16. He hath graven and digged up a pit : and is fallen on himself into the destruction that he made for other.
17. For his travail shall come upon his own head : and his wickedness shall fall on his own pate.
18. I will give thanks unto the Lord, according to his righteousness : and I will praise the Name of the Lord most High.
Psalm 8. Domine, Dominus noster
O LORD our Governor, how excellent is thy Name in all the world : thou that hast set thy glory above the heavens!
2. Out of the mouth of very babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength, because of thine enemies : that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3. For I will consider thy heavens, even the works of thy fingers : the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained.
4. What is man, that thou art mindful of him : and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5. Thou madest him lower than the angels : to crown him with glory and worship.
6. Thou makest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands : and thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet;
7. All sheep and oxen : yea, and the beasts of the field;
8. The fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea : and whatsoever walketh through the paths of the seas.
9. O Lord our Governor : how excellent is thy Name in all the world!
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.