See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 106. Confitemini Domino
O GIVE thanks unto the Lord, for he is gracious : and his mercy endureth for ever.
2. Who can express the noble acts of the Lord : or shew forth all his praise?
3. Blessed are they that alway keep judgement : and do righteousness.
4. Remember me, O Lord, according to the favour that thou bearest unto thy people : O visit me with thy salvation;
5. That I may see the felicity of thy chosen : and rejoice in the gladness of thy people, and give thanks with thine inheritance.
6. We have sinned with our fathers : we have done amiss, and dealt wickedly.
7. Our fathers regarded not thy wonders in Egypt, neither kept they thy great goodness in remembrance : but were disobedient at the sea, even at the Red sea.
8. Nevertheless, he helped them for his Name’s sake : that he might make his power to be known.
9. He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up : so he led them through the deep, as through a wilderness.
10. And he saved them from the adversaries’ hand : and delivered them from the hand of the enemy.
11. As for those that troubled them, the waters overwhelmed them : there was not one of them left.
12. Then believed they his words : and sang praise unto him.
13. But within a while they forgat his works : and would not abide his counsel.
14. But lust came upon them in the wilderness : and they tempted God in the desert.
15. And he gave them their desire : and sent leanness withal into their soul.
16. They angered Moses also in the tents : and Aaron the saint of the Lord.
17. So the earth opened, and swallowed up Dathan : and covered the congregation of Abiram.
18. And the fire was kindled in their company : the flame burnt up the ungodly.
19. They made a calf in Horeb : and worshipped the molten image.
20. Thus they turned their glory : into the similitude of a calf that eateth hay.
21. And they forgat God their Saviour : who had done so great things in Egypt;
22. Wondrous works in the land of Ham : and fearful things by the Red sea.
23. So he said, he would have destroyed them, had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the gap : to turn away his wrathful indignation, lest he should destroy them.
24. Yea, they thought scorn of that pleasant land : and gave no credence unto his word;
25. But murmured in their tents : and hearkened not unto the voice of the lord.
26. Then lift he up his hand against them : to overthrow them in the wilderness;
27. To cast out their seed among the nations : and to scatter them in the lands.
28. They joined themselves unto Baal-peor : and ate the offerings of the dead.
29. Thus they provoked him to anger with their own inventions : and the plague was great among them.
30. Then stood up Phinees and prayed : and so the plague ceased.
31. And that was counted unto him for righteousness : among all posterities for evermore.
32. They angered him also at the waters of strife : so that he punished Moses for their sakes;
33. Because they provoked his spirit : so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.
34. Neither destroyed they the heathen : as the Lord commanded them;
35. But were mingled among the heathen : and learned their works.
36. Insomuch that they worshipped their idols, which turned to their own decay : yea, they offered their sons and their daughters unto devils;
37. And shed innocent blood, even the blood of their sons and of their daughters : whom they had offered unto the idols of Canaan; and the land was defiled with blood.
38. Thus were they stained with their own works : and went a whoring with their own inventions.
39. Therefore was the wrath of the Lord kindled against his people : insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.
40. And he gave them over into the hands of the heathen : and they that hated them were lords over them.
41. Their enemies oppressed them : and had them in subjection.
42. Many a time did he deliver them : but they rebelled against him with their own inventions, and were brought down in their wickedness.
43. Nevertheless, when he saw their adversity : he heard their complaint.
44. He thought upon his covenant, and pitied them according unto the multitude of his mercies : yea, he made all those that led them away captive to pity them.
45. Deliver us, O Lord our God, and gather us from among the heathen : that we may give thanks unto thy holy Name, and make our boast of thy praise.
46. Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting and world without end : and let all the people say, Amen.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.