See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 102. Domine, exaudi
HEAR my prayer, O Lord : and let my crying come unto thee.
2. Hide not thy face from me in the time of my trouble : incline thine ear unto me when I call; O hear me, and that right soon.
3. For my days are consumed away like smoke : and my bones are burnt up as it were a firebrand.
4. My heart is smitten down, and withered liked grass : so that I forget to eat my bread.
5. For the voice of my groaning : my bones will scarce cleave to my flesh.
6. I am become like a pelican in the wilderness : and like an owl that is in the desert.
7. I have watched, and am even as it were a sparrow : that sitteth alone upon the house-top.
8. Mine enemies revile me all the day long : and they that are mad upon me are sworn together against me.
9. For I have eaten ashes as it were bread : and mingled my drink with weeping;
10. And that because of thine indignation and wrath : for thou hast taken me up, and cast me down.
11. My days are gone like a shadow : and I am withered like grass.
12. But thou, O Lord, shalt endure for ever : and thy remembrance throughout all generations.
13. Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Sion : for it is time that thou have mercy upon her, yea, the time is come.
14. And why? thy servants think upon her stones : and it pitieth them to see her in the dust.
15. The heathen shall fear thy Name, O Lord : and all the kings of the earth thy majesty;
16. When the Lord shall build up Sion : and when his glory shall appear;
17. When he turneth him unto the prayer of the poor destitute : and despiseth not their desire.
18. This shall be written for those that come after : and the people which shall be born shall praise the Lord.
19. For he hath looked down from his sanctuary : out of the heaven did the Lord behold the earth;
20. That he might hear the mournings of such as are in captivity : and deliver the children appointed unto death;
21. That they may declare the Name of the Lord in Sion : and his worship at Jerusalem;
22. When the people are gathered together : and the kingdoms also, to serve the Lord.
23. He brought down my strength in my journey : and shortened my days.
24. But I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of mine age : as for thy years, they endure throughout all generations.
25. Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth : and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
26. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure : they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
27. And as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed : but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
28. The children of thy servants shall continue : and their seed shall stand fast in thy sight.
Psalm 103. Benedic, anima mea
PRAISE the Lord, O my soul : and all that is within me praise his holy Name.
2. Praise the Lord, O my soul : and forget not all his benefits;
3. Who forgiveth all thy sin : and healeth all thine infirmities;
4. Who saveth thy life from destruction : and crowneth thee with mercy and loving-kindness;
5. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things : making thee young and lusty as an eagle.
6. The Lord executeth righteousness and judgement : for all them that are oppressed with wrong.
7. He shewed his ways unto Moses : his works unto the children of Israel.
8. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy : long-suffering, and of great goodness.
9. He will not alway be chiding : neither keepeth he his anger for ever.
10. He hath not dealt with us after our sins : nor rewarded us according to our wickednesses.
11. For look how high the heaven is in comparison of the earth : so great is his mercy also toward them that fear him.
12. Look how wide also the east is from the west : so far hath he set our sins from us.
13. Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children : even so is the Lord merciful unto them that fear him.
14. For he knoweth whereof we are made : he remembereth that we are but dust.
15. The days of man are but as grass : for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
16. For as soon as the wind goeth over it, it is gone : and the place thereof shall know it no more.
17. But the merciful goodness of the Lord endureth for ever and ever upon them that fear him : and his righteousness upon children’s children;
18. Even upon such as keep his covenant : and think upon his commandments to do them.
19. The Lord hath prepared his seat in heaven : and his kingdom ruleth over all.
20. O praise the Lord, ye angels of his, ye that excel in strength : ye that fulfil his commandment, and hearken unto the voice of his words.
21. O praise the Lord, all ye his hosts : ye servants of his that do his pleasure.
22. O speak good of the Lord, all ye works of his, in all places of his dominion : praise thou the Lord, O my soul.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.