See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 95. Venite, exultemus
O COME, let us sing unto the Lord : let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
2. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving : and shew ourselves glad in him with psalms.
3. For the Lord is a great God : and a great King above all gods.
4. In his hand are all the corners of the earth : and the strength of the hills is his also.
5. The sea is his, and he made it : and his hands prepared the dry land.
6. O come, let us worship and fall down : and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
7. For he is the Lord our God : and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
8. To-day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts : as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness.
9. When your fathers tempted me : proved me, and saw my works.
10. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said : It is a people that do err in their hearts, for they have not known my ways;
11. Unto whom I sware in my wrath : that they should not enter into my rest.
Psalm 96. Cantate Domino
O SING unto the Lord a new song : sing unto the Lord, all the whole earth.
2. Sing unto the Lord, and praise his Name : be telling of his salvation from day to day.
3. Declare his honour unto the heathen : and his wonders unto all people.
4. For the Lord is great, and cannot worthily be praised : he is more to be feared than all gods.
5. As for all the gods of the heathen, they are but idols : but it is the Lord that made the heavens.
6. Glory and worship are before him : power and honour are in his sanctuary.
7. Ascribe unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people : ascribe unto the Lord worship and power.
8. Ascribe unto the Lord the honour due unto his Name : bring presents, and come into his courts.
9. O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness : let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
10. Tell it out among the heathen that the Lord is King : and that it is he who hath made the round world so fast that it cannot be moved; and how that he shall judge the people righteously.
11. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad : let the sea make a noise, and all that therein is.
12. Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it : then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice before the Lord.
13. For he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth : and with righteousness to judge the world, and the people with his truth.
Psalm 97. Dominus regnavit
THE Lord is King, the earth may be glad thereof : yea, the multitude of the isles may be glad thereof.
2. Clouds and darkness are round about him : righteousness and judgement are the habitation of his seat.
3. There shall go a fire before him : and burn up his enemies on every side.
4. His lightnings gave shine unto the world : the earth saw it, and was afraid.
5. The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord : at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
6. The heavens have declared his righteousness : and all the people have seen his glory.
7. Confounded be all they that worship carved images, and that delight in vain gods : worship him, all ye gods.
8. Sion heard of it, and rejoiced : and the daughters of Judah were glad, because of thy judgements, O Lord.
9. For thou, Lord, art higher than all that are in the earth : thou art exalted far above all gods.
10. O ye that love the Lord, see that ye hate the thing which is evil : the Lord preserveth the souls of his saints; he shall deliver them from the hand of the ungodly.
11. There is sprung up a light for the righteous : and joyful gladness for such as are true-hearted.
12. Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous : and give thanks for a remembrance of his holiness.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.