See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 93. Dominus regnavit
THE Lord is King, and hath put on glorious apparel : the Lord hath put on his apparel, and girded himself with strength.
2. He hath made the round world so sure : that it cannot be moved.
3. Ever since the world began hath thy seat been prepared : thou art from everlasting.
4. The floods are risen, O Lord, the floods have lift up their voice : the floods lift up their waves.
5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly : but yet the Lord, who dwelleth on high, is mightier.
6. Thy testimonies, O Lord, are very sure : holiness becometh thine house for ever.
Psalm 94. Deus ultionum
O LORD God, to whom vengeance belongeth : thou God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.
2. Arise, thou Judge of the world : and reward the proud after their deserving.
3. Lord, how long shall the ungodly : how long shall the ungodly triumph?
4. How long shall all wicked doers speak so disdainfully : and make such proud boasting?
5. They smite down thy people, O Lord : and trouble thine heritage.
6. They murder the widow and the stranger : and put the fatherless to death.
7. And yet they say, Tush, the Lord shall not see : neither shall the God of Jacob regard it.
8. Take heed, ye unwise among the people : O ye fools, when will ye understand?
9. He that planted the ear, shall he not hear : or he that made the eye, shall he not see?
10. Or he that nurtureth the heathen : it is he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he punish?
11. The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man : that they are but vain.
12. Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Lord : and teachest him in thy law;
13. That thou mayest give him patience in time of adversity : until the pit be digged up for the ungodly.
14. For the Lord will not fail his people : neither will he forsake his inheritance;
15. Until righteousness turn again unto judgement : all such as are true in heart shall follow it.
16. Who will rise up with me against the wicked : or who will take my part against the evil-doers?
17. If the Lord had not helped me : it had not failed but my soul had been put to silence.
18. But when I said, My foot hath slipt : thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.
19. In the multitude of the sorrows that I had in my heart : thy comforts have refreshed my soul.
20. Wilt thou have any thing to do with the stool of wickedness : which imagineth mischief as a law?
21. They gather them together against the soul of the righteous : and condemn the innocent blood.
22. But the Lord is my refuge : and my God is the strength of my confidence.
23. He shall recompense them their wickedness, and destroy them in their own malice : yea, the Lord our God shall destroy them.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, For ever and ever. Amen.