See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 86. Inclina, Domine
BOW down thine ear, O Lord, and hear me : for I am poor, and in misery.
2. Preserve thou my soul, for I am holy : my God, save thy servant that putteth his trust in thee.
3. Be merciful unto me, O Lord : for I will call daily upon thee.
4. Comfort the soul of thy servant : for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5. For thou, Lord, art good and gracious : and of great mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
6. Give ear, Lord, unto my prayer : and ponder the voice of my humble desires.
7. In the time of my trouble I will call upon thee : for thou hearest me.
8. Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord : there is not one that can do as thou doest.
9. All nations whom thou hadst made shall come and worship thee, O Lord : and shall glorify thy Name.
10. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things : thou art God alone.
11. Teach me thy way, O Lord, and I will walk in thy truth : O knit my heart unto thee, that I may fear thy Name.
12. I will thank thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart : and will praise thy Name for evermore.
13. For great is thy mercy toward me : and thou hast delivered my soul from the nethermost hell.
14. O God, the proud are risen against me : and the congregations of naughty men have sought after my soul, and have not set thee before their eyes.
15. But thou, O Lord God, art full of compassion and mercy : long-suffering, plenteous in goodness and truth.
16. O turn thee then unto me, and have mercy upon me : give thy strength unto thy servant, and help the son of thine handmaid.
17. Shew some token upon me for good, that they who hate me may see it and be ashamed : because thou, Lord, hast holpen me and comforted me.
Psalm 87. Fundamenta ejus
HER foundations are upon the holy hills : the Lord loveth the gates of Sion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
2. Very excellent things are spoken of thee : thou city of God.
3. I will think upon Rahab and Babylon : with them that know me.
4. Behold ye the Philistines also : and they of Tyre, with the Morians; lo, there was he born.
5. And of Sion it shall be reported that he was born in her : and the most High shall stablish her.
6. The Lord shall rehearse it when he writeth up the people : that he was born there.
7. The singers also and trumpeters shall he rehearse : All my fresh springs shall be in thee.
Psalm 88. Domine Deus
O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee : O let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine ear unto my calling.
2. For my soul is full of trouble : and my life draweth nigh unto hell.
3. I am counted as one of them that go down into the pit : and I have been even as a man that hath no strength.
4. Free among the dead, like unto them that are wounded, and lie in the grave : who are out of remembrance, and are cut away from thy hand.
5. Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit : in a place of darkness, and in the deep.
6. Thine indignation lieth hard upon me : and thou hast vexed me with all thy storms.
7. Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me : and made me to be abhorred of them.
8. I am so fast in prison : that I cannot get forth.
9. My sight faileth for very trouble : Lord, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched forth my hands unto thee.
10. Dost thou shew wonders among the dead : or shall the dead rise up again, and praise thee?
11. Shall thy loving-kindness be shewed in the grave : or thy faithfulness in destruction?
12. Shall thy wondrous works be known in the dark : and thy righteousness in the land where all things are forgotten?
13. Unto thee have I cried, O Lord : and early shall my prayer come before thee.
14. Lord, why abhorrest thou my soul : and hidest thou thy face from me?
15. I am in misery, and like unto him that is at the point to die : even from my youth up thy terrors have I suffered with a troubled mind.
16. Thy wrathful displeasure goeth over me : and the fear of thee hath undone me.
17. They came round about me daily like water : and compassed me together on every side.
18. My lovers and friends hast thou put away from me: and hid mine acquaintance out of my sight.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.