See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 82. Deus stetit
GOD standeth in the congregation of princes : he is a Judge among gods.
2. How long will ye give wrong judgement : and accept the persons of the ungodly?
3. Defend the poor and fatherless : see that such as are in need and necessity have right.
4. Deliver the outcast and poor : save them from the hand of the ungodly.
5. They will not be learned nor understand, but walk on still in darkness : all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
6. I have said, Ye are gods : and ye are all the children of the most Highest.
7. But ye shall die like men : and fall like one of the princes.
8. Arise, O God, and judge thou the earth : for thou shalt take all heathen to thine inheritance.
Psalm 83. Deus, quis similis?
HOLD not thy tongue, O God, keep not still silence : refrain not thyself, O God.
2. For lo, thine enemies make a murmuring : and they that hate thee have lift up their head.
3. They have imagined craftily against thy people : and taken counsel against thy secret ones.
4. They have said, Come, and let us root them out, that they be no more a people : and that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
5. For they have cast their heads together with one consent : and are confederate against thee;
6. The tabernacles of the Edomites, and the Ismaelites : the Moabites and Hagarenes;
7. Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek : the Philistines, with them that dwell at Tyre.
8. Assur also is joined with them : and have holpen the children of Lot.
9. But do thou to them as unto the Madianites : unto Sisera, and unto Jabin at the brook of Kison;
10. Who perished at Endor : and became as the dung of the earth.
11. Make them and their princes like Oreb and Zeb : yea, make all their princes like as Zeba and Salmana;
12. Who say, Let us take to ourselves : the houses of God in possession.
13. O my God, make them like unto a wheel : and as the stubble before the wind;
14. Like as the fire that burneth up the wood : and as the flame that consumeth the mountains.
15. Persecute them even so with thy tempest : and make them afraid with thy storm.
16. Make their faces ashamed, O Lord : that they may seek thy Name.
17. Let them be confounded and vexed ever more and more : let them be put to shame, and perish.
18. And they shall know that thou, whose Name is Jehovah : art only the most Highest over all the earth.
Psalm 84. Quam dilecta!
O HOW amiable are thy dwellings : thou Lord of hosts!
2. My soul hath a desire and longing to enter into the courts of the Lord : my heart and my flesh rejoice in the living God.
3. Yea, the sparrow hath found her an house, and the swallow a nest where she may lay her young : even thy altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God.
4. Blessed are they that dwell in thy house : they will be alway praising thee.
5. Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee : in whose heart are thy ways.
6. Who going through the vale of misery use it for a well : and the pools are filled with water.
7. They will go from strength to strength : and unto the God of gods appeareth every one of them in Sion.
8. O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer : hearken, O God of Jacob.
9. Behold, O God our defender : and look upon the face of thine Anointed.
10. For one day in thy courts : is better than a thousand.
11. I had rather be a door-keeper in the house of my God : than to dwell in the tents of ungodliness.
12. For the Lord God is a light and defence : the Lord will give grace and worship, and no good thing shall he withhold from them that live a godly life.
13. O Lord God of hosts : blessed is the man that putteth his trust in thee.
Psalm 85. Benedixisti, Domine
LORD, thou art become gracious unto thy land : thou hast turned away the captivity of Jacob.
2. Thou hast forgiven the offence of thy people : and covered all their sins.
3. Thou hast taken away all thy displeasure : and turned thyself from thy wrathful indignation.
4. Turn us then, O God our Saviour : and let thine anger cease from us.
5. Wilt thou be displeased at us for ever : and wilt thou stretch out thy wrath from one generation to another?
6. Wilt thou not turn again, and quicken us : that thy people may rejoice in thee?
7. Shew us thy mercy, O Lord : and grant us thy salvation.
8. I will hearken what the Lord God will say concerning me : for he shall speak peace unto his people, and to his saints, that they turn not again.
9. For his salvation is nigh them that fear him : that glory may dwell in our land.
10. Mercy and truth are met together : righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
11. Truth shall flourish out of the earth : and righteousness hath looked down from heaven.
12. Yea, the Lord shall shew loving-kindness : and our land shall give her increase.
13. Righteousness shall go before him : and he shall direct his going in the way.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.