See text below. Requires a Spotify account and local installation of the Spotify client.
O Lord, open thou our lips.
And our mouth shall show forth thy praise.
O God, make speed to save us.
O Lord, make haste to help us.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Praise ye the Lord.
The Lord’s Name be praised.
Psalm 75. Confitebimur tibi
UNTO thee, O God, do we give thanks : yea, unto thee do we give thanks.
2. Thy Name also is so nigh : and that do thy wondrous works declare.
3. When I receive the congregation : I shall judge according unto right.
4. The earth is weak, and all the inhabiters thereof : I bear up the pillars of it.
5. I said unto the fools, Deal not so madly: and to the ungodly, Set not up your horn.
6. Set not up your horn on high : and speak not with a stiff neck.
7. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west : nor yet from the south.
8. And why? God is the Judge : he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
9. For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup, and the wine is red : it is full mixed, and he poureth out of the same.
10. As for the dregs thereof : all the ungodly of the earth shall drink them, and suck them out.
11. But I will talk of the God of Jacob : and praise him for ever.
12. All the horns of the ungodly also will I break : and the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.
Psalm 76. Notus in Judaea
IN JEWRY is God known : his Name is great in Israel.
2. At Salem is his tabernacle : and his dwelling in Sion.
3. There brake he the arrows of the bow : the shield, the sword, and the battle.
4. Thou art of more honour and might : than the hills of the robbers.
5. The proud are robbed, they have slept their sleep : and all the men whose hands were mighty have found nothing.
6. At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob : both the chariot and horse are fallen.
7. Thou, even thou art to be feared : and who may stand in thy sight when thou art angry?
8. Thou didst cause thy judgement to be heard from heaven : the earth trembled, and was still;
9. When God arose to judgement : and to help all the meek upon earth.
10. The fierceness of man shall turn to thy praise : and the fierceness of them shalt thou refrain.
11. Promise unto the Lord your God, and keep it, all ye that are round about him : bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
12. He shall refrain the spirit of princes : and is wonderful among the kings of the earth.
Psalm 77. Voce mea ad Dominum
I WILL cry unto God with my voice : even unto God will I cry with my voice, and he shall hearken unto me.
2. In the time of my trouble I sought the Lord : my sore ran and ceased not in the night-season ; my soul refused comfort.
3. When I am in heaviness, I will think upon God : when my heart is vexed, I will complain.
4. Thou holdest mine eyes waking : I am so feeble, that I cannot speak.
5. I have considered the days of old : and the years that are past.
6. I call to remembrance my song : and in the night I commune with mine own heart, and search out my spirits.
7. Will the Lord absent himself for ever : and will he be no more intreated?
8. Is his mercy clean gone for ever : and is his promise come utterly to an end for evermore?
9. Hath God forgotten to be gracious : and will he shut up his loving-kindness in displeasure?
10. And I said, It is mine own infirmity : but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most Highest.
11. I will remember the works of the Lord : and call to mind thy wonders of old time.
12. I will think also of all thy works : and my talking shall be of thy doings.
13. Thy way, O God, is holy : who is so great a God as our God?
14. Thou art the God that doeth wonders : and hast declared thy power among the people.
15. Thou hast mightily delivered thy people : even the sons of Jacob and Joseph.
16. The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee, and were afraid : the depths also were troubled.
17. The clouds poured out water, the air thundered : and thine arrows went abroad.
18. The voice of thy thunder was heard round about : the lightnings shone upon the ground : the earth was moved, and shook withal.
19. Thy way is in the sea, and thy paths in the great waters : and thy footsteps are not known.
20. Thou leddest thy people like sheep : by the hand of Moses and Aaron.
Lessons from the Old and/or New Testament may be read at the conclusion of the Psalms.
The maintainer of this site suggests using
- The St. James Daily Devotional Guide for the Christian Year or
- Daily Office Lectionary @ ESVBible.org
Followed by The Lord’s Prayer:
OUR Father, which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive them that trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. Amen.