Psalm 97. Dominus regnavit
THE Lord is King, the earth may be glad thereof : yea, the multitude of the isles may be glad thereof.
2. Clouds and darkness are round about him : righteousness and judgement are the habitation of his seat.
3. There shall go a fire before him : and burn up his enemies on every side.
4. His lightnings gave shine unto the world : the earth saw it, and was afraid.
5. The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord : at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
6. The heavens have declared his righteousness : and all the people have seen his glory.
7. Confounded be all they that worship carved images, and that delight in vain gods : worship him, all ye gods.
8. Sion heard of it, and rejoiced : and the daughters of Judah were glad, because of thy judgements, O Lord.
9. For thou, Lord, art higher than all that are in the earth : thou art exalted far above all gods.
10. O ye that love the Lord, see that ye hate the thing which is evil : the Lord preserveth the souls of his saints; he shall deliver them from the hand of the ungodly.
11. There is sprung up a light for the righteous : and the joyful gladness for such as are true-hearted.
12. Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous : and give thanks for a remembrance of his holiness.
Psalm 98. Cantate Domino
O SING unto the Lord a new song : for he hath done marvellous things.
2. With his own right hand, and with his holy arm : hath he gotten himself the victory.
3. The Lord declared his salvation : his righteousness hath he openly shewed in the sight of the heathen.
4. He hath remembered his mercy and truth toward the house of Israel : and all the ends of the world have seen the salvation of our God.
5. Shew yourselves joyful unto the Lord, all ye lands : sing, rejoice, and give thanks.
6. Praise the Lord upon the harp : sing to the harp with a psalm of thanksgiving.
7. With trumpets also and shawms : O shew yourselves joyful before the Lord the King.
8. Let the sea make a noise, and all that therein is : the round world, and they that dwell therein.
9. Let the floods clap their hands, and let the hills be joyful together before the Lord : for he is come to judge the earth.
10. With righteousness shall he judge the world : and the people with equity.