Psalm 95. Venite, exultemus
O COME, let us sing unto the Lord : let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
2. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving : and shew ourselves glad in him with psalms.
3. For the Lord is a great God : and a great King above all gods.
4. In his hand are all the corners of the earth : and the strength of the hills is his also.
5. The sea is his, and he made it : and his hands prepared the dry land.
6. O come, let us worship and fall down : and kneel before the Lord our Maker.
7. For he is the Lord our God : and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
8. To-day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts : as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness.
9. When your fathers tempted me : proved me, and saw my works.
10. Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said : It is a people that do err in their hearts, for they have not known my ways;
11. Unto whom I sware in my wrath : that they should not enter into my rest.
Psalm 96. Cantate Domino
O SING unto the Lord a new song : sing unto the Lord, all the whole earth.
2. Sing unto the Lord, and praise his Name : be telling of his salvation from day to day.
3. Declare his honour unto the heathen : and his wonders unto all people.
4. For the Lord is great, and cannot worthily be praised : he is more to be feared than all gods.
5. As for all the gods of the heathen, they are but idols : but it is the Lord that made the heavens.
6. Glory and worship are before him : power and honour are in his sanctuary.
7. Ascribe unto the Lord, O ye kindreds of the people : ascribe unto the Lord worship and power.
8. Ascribe unto the Lord the honour due unto his Name : bring presents, and come into his courts.
9. O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness : let the whole earth stand in awe of him.
10. Tell it out among the heathen that the Lord is King : and that it is he who hath made the round world so fast that it cannot be moved; and how that he shall judge the people righteously.
11. Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad : let the sea make a noise, and all that therein is.
12. Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it : then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice before the Lord.
13. For he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth : and with righteousness to judge the world, and the people with his truth.