Psalm 111. Confitebor tibi
I WILL give thanks unto the Lord with my whole heart : secretly among the faithful, and in the congregation.
2. The works of the Lord are great : sought out of all of them that have pleasure therein.
3. His work is worthy to be praised and had in honour : and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4. The merciful and gracious Lord hath so done his marvellous works : that they ought to be had in remembrance.
5. He hath given meat unto them that fear him : he shall ever be mindful of his covenant.
6. He hath shewed his people the power of his works : that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.
7. The works of his hands are verity and judgement : all his commandments are true.
8. They stand fast for ever and ever : and are done in truth and equity.
9. He sent redemption unto his people : he hath commanded his covenant for ever; holy and reverend is his Name.
10. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom : a good understanding have all they that do thereafter; the praise of it endureth for ever.
Psalm 112. Beatus vir
BLESSED is the man that feareth the Lord : he hath great delight in his commandments.
2. His seed shall be mighty upon earth : the generation of the faithful shall be blessed.
3. Riches and plenteousness shall be in his house : and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4. Unto the godly there ariseth up light in the darkness : he is merciful, loving, and righteous.
5. A good man is merciful, and lendeth : and will guide his words with discretion.
6. For he shall never be moved : and the righteous shall be had in everlasting remembrance.
7. He will not be afraid of any evil tidings : for his heart standeth fast, and believeth in the Lord.
8. His heart is established, and will not shrink : until he see his desire upon his enemies.
9. He hath dispersed abroad, and given to the poor : and his righteousness remaineth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.
10. The ungodly shall see it, and it shall grieve him : he shall gnash with his teeth, and consume away; the desire of the ungodly shall perish.