Psalm 62. Nonne Deo?
MY SOUL truly waiteth still upon God : for of him cometh my salvation.
2. He verily is my strength and my salvation : he is my defence, so that I shall not greatly fall.
3. How long will ye imagine mischief against every man : ye shall be slain all the sort of you; yea, as a tottering wall shall ye be, and like a broken hedge.
4. Their device is only how to put him out whom God will exalt : their delight is in lies; they give good words with their mouth, but curse with their heart.
5. Nevertheless, my soul, wait thou still upon God : for my hope is in him.
6. He truly is my strength and my salvation : he is my defence, so that I shall not fall.
7. In God is my health, and my glory : the rock of my might, and in God is my trust.
8. O put your trust in him alway, ye people : pour out your hearts before him, for God is our hope.
9. As for the children of men, they are but vanity : the children of men are deceitful upon the weights, they are altogether lighter than vanity itself.
10. O trust not in wrong and robbery, give not yourselves unto vanity : if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
11. God spake once, and twice I have also heard the same : that power belongeth unto God;
12. And that thou, Lord, art merciful : for thou rewardest every man according to his work.
Psalm 63. Deus, Deus meus
O GOD, thou art my God : early will I seek thee.
2. My soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh also longeth after thee : in a barren and dry land where no water is.
3. Thus have I looked for thee in holiness : that I might behold thy power and glory.
4. For thy loving-kindness is better than the life itself : my lips shall praise thee.
5. As long as I live will I magnify thee on this manner : and lift up my hands in thy Name.
6. My soul shall be satisfied, even as it were with marrow and fatness : when my mouth praiseth thee with joyful lips.
7. Have I not remembered thee in my bed : and thought upon thee when I was waking?
8. Because thou hast been my helper : therefore under the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
9. My soul hangeth upon thee : thy right hand hath upholden me.
10. These also that seek the hurt of my soul : they shall go under the earth.
11. Let them fall upon the edge of the sword : that they may be a portion for foxes.
12. But the King shall rejoice in God; all they also that swear by him shall be commended : for the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.