Psalm 60. Deus, repulisti nos
O GOD, thou hast cast us out, and scattered us abroad : thou hast also been displeased; O turn thee unto us again.
2. Thou hast moved the land, and divided it : heal the sores thereof, for it shaketh.
3. Thou hast shewed thy people heavy things : thou hast given us a drink of deadly wine.
4. Thou hast given a token for such as fear thee : that they may triumph because of the truth.
5. Therefore were thy beloved delivered : help me with thy right hand, and hear me.
6. God hath spoken in his holiness, I will rejoice, and divide Sichem : and mete out the valley of Succoth.
7. Gilead is mine, and Manasses is mine : Ephraim also is the strength of my head; Judah is my law-giver.
8. Moab is my wash-pot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe : Philistia, be thou glad of me.
9. Who will lead me into the strong city : who will bring me into Edom?
10. Hast not thou cast us out, O God : wilt not thou, O God, go out with our hosts?
11.O be thou our help in trouble : for vain is the help of man.
12. Through God will we do great acts : for it is he that shall tread down our enemies.
Psalm 61. Exaudi, Deus
HEAR my crying, O God : give ear unto my prayer.
2. From the ends of the earth will I call unto thee : when my heart is in heaviness.
3. O set me up upon the rock that is higher than I : for thou hast been my hope, and a strong tower for me against the enemy.
4. I will dwell in thy tabernacle for ever : and my trust shall be under the covering of thy wings.
5. For thou, O Lord, hast heard my desires : and hast given an heritage unto those that fear thy Name.
6. Thou shalt grant the King a long life : that his years may endure throughout all generations.
7. He shall dwell before God for ever : O prepare thy loving mercy and faithfulness, that they may preserve him.
8. So will I always sing praise unto thy Name : that I may daily perform my vows.