Psalm 46. Deus noster refugium
GOD is our hope and strength : a very present help in trouble.
2. Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved : and though the hills be carried into the midst of the sea;
3. Though the waters thereof rage and swell : and though the mountains shake at the tempest of the same.
4. The rivers of the flood thereof shall make glad the city of God : the holy place of the tabernacle of the most Highest.
5. God is in the midst of her, therefore shall she not be removed : God shall help her, and that right early.
6. The heathen make much ado, and the kingdoms are moved : but God hath shewed his voice, and the earth shall melt away.
7. The Lord of hosts is with us : the God of Jacob is our refuge.
8. O come hither, and behold the works of the Lord : what destruction he hath brought upon the earth.
9. He maketh wars to cease in all the world : he breaketh the bow, and knappeth the spear in sunder, and burneth the chariots in the fire.
10. Be still then, and know that I am God : I will be exalted among the heathen, and I will be exalted in the earth.
11. The Lord of hosts is with us : the God of Jacob is our refuge.
Psalm 47. Omnes gentes, plaudite
O CLAP your hand together, all ye people : O sing unto God with the voice of melody.
2. For the Lord is high, and to be feared : he is the great King upon all the earth.
3. He shall subdue the people under us : and the nations under our feet.
4. He shall choose out an heritage for us : even the worship of Jacob, whom he loved.
5. God is gone up with a merry noise : and the Lord with the sound of the trump.
6. O sing praises, sing praises unto our God : O sing praises, sing praises unto our King.
7. For God is the King of all the earth : sing ye praises with understanding.
8. God reigneth over the heathen : God sitteth upon his holy seat.
9. The princes of the people are joined unto the people of the God of Abraham: for God, which is very high exalted, doth defend the earth, as it were with a shield.