Psalm 28. Ad te, Domine
UNTO thee will I cry, O Lord my strength : think no scorn of me; lest, if thou make as though thou hearest not, I become like them that go down into the pit.
2. Hear the voice of my humble petitions, when I cry unto thee : when I hold up my hands towards the mercy-seat of thy holy temple.
3. O pluck me not away, neither destroy me, with the ungodly and wicked doers : which speak friendly to their neighbours, but imagine mischief in their hearts.
4. Reward them according to their deeds : and according to the wickedness of their own inventions.
5. Recompense them after the work of their hands : pay them that they have deserved.
6. For they regard not in their mind the works of the Lord, nor the operation of his hands : therefore shall he break them down, and not build them up.
7. Praised be the Lord : for he hath heard the voice of my humble petitions.
8. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart hath trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart danceth for joy, and in my son will I praise him.
9. The Lord is my strength : and he is the wholesome defence of his Anointed.
10. O save thy people, and give thy blessing unto thine inheritance : feed them , and set them up for ever.
Psalm 29. Afferte Domino
BRING unto the Lord, O ye mighty, bring young rams unto the Lord : ascribe unto the Lord worship and strength.
2. Give the Lord the honour due unto his Name : worship the Lord with holy worship.
3. It is the Lord that commandeth the waters : it is the glorious God that maketh the thunder.
4. It is the Lord that ruleth the sea; the voice of the Lord is mighty in operation : the voice of the Lord is a glorious voice.
5. The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedar-trees : yea, the Lord breaketh the cedars of Libanus.
6. He maketh them also to skip like a calf : Libanus also, and Sirion, like a young unicorn.
7. The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire; the voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness : yea, the Lord shaketh the wilderness of Cades.
8. The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to bring forth young, and discovereth the thick bushes : in his temple doth every man speak of his honour.
9. The Lord sitteth above the water -flood : and the Lord remaineth a King for ever.
10. The Lord shall give strength unto his people : the Lord shall give his people the blessing of peace.