Psalm 26. Judica me, Domine
BE THOU my judge, O Lord, for I have walked innocently : my trust hath been also in the Lord, therefore shall I not fall.
2. Examine me, O Lord, and prove me : try out my reins and my heart.
3. For thy loving-kindness is ever before mine eyes : and I will walk in thy truth.
4. I have not dwelt with vain persons : neither will I have fellowship with the deceitful.
5. I have hated the congregation of the wicked : and will not sit among the ungodly.
6. I will wash my hands in innocency, O Lord : and so will I go to thine altar.
7. That I may shew the voice of thanksgiving : and tell of all thy wondrous works.
8. Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house : and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
9. O shut not up my soul with the sinners : nor my life with the blood-thirsty.
10. In whose hands is wickedness : and their right hand is full of gifts.
11. But as for me, I will walk innocently : O deliver me, and be merciful unto me.
12. My foot standeth right : I will praise the Lord in the congregations.
Psalm 27. Dominus illuminatio
THE Lord is my light and my salvation ; whom then shall I fear : the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom then shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh : they stumbled and fell.
3. Though an host of men were laid against me, yet shall not my heart be afraid : and though there rose up war against me, yet will I put my trust in him.
4. One thing have I desired of the Lord, which I will require : even that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the fair beauty of the Lord, and to visit his temple.
5. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his tabernacle : yea, in the secret place of his dwelling shall he hide me, and set me up upon a rock of stone.
6. And now shall he lift up mine head : above mine enemies round about me.
7. Therefore will I offer in his dwelling an oblation with great gladness : I will sing, and speak praises unto the Lord.
8. Hearken unto my voice, O Lord, when I cry unto thee : have mercy upon me, and hear me.
9. My heart hath talked of thee, Seek ye my face : Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
10. O hide not thou thy face from me : nor cast thy servant away in displeasure.
11. Thou hast been my succour : leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
12. When my father and my mother forsake me : the Lord taketh me up.
13. Teach me the way, O Lord : and lead in the right way, because of mine enemies.
14. Deliver me not over into the will of mine adversaries : for there are false witnesses risen up against me, and such as speak wrong.
15. I should utterly have fainted : but that I believe verily to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
16. O tarry thou the Lord’s leisure : be strong, and he shall comfort thine heart ; and put thou thy trust in the Lord.