Psalm 24. Domini est terra
THE earth is the Lord’s, and all that therein is : the compass of the world, and they that dwell therein.
2. For he hath founded it upon the seas : and prepared it upon the floods.
3. Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord : or who shall rise up in his holy place?
4. Even he that hath clean hands, and a pure heart : and that hath not lift up his mind unto vanity, nor sworn to deceive his neighbour.
5. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord : and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6. This is the generation of them that seek him : even of them that seek thy face, O Jacob.
7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is the King of glory : it is the Lord strong and mighty, even the Lord mighty in battle.
9. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of glory shall come in.
10. Who is the King of glory : even the Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory.
Psalm 25. Ad te, Domine, levavi
UNTO thee, O Lord, will I lift up my soul; my God, I have put my trust in thee : O let me not be confounded, neither let mine enemies triumph over me.
2. For all they that hope in thee shall not be ashamed : but such as transgress without a cause shall be put to confusion.
3. Shew me thy ways, O Lord : and teach me thy paths.
4. Lead me forth in thy truth, and learn me : for thou art the God of my salvation; in thee hath been my hope all the day long.
5. Call to remembrance, O Lord, thy tender mercies : and thy loving-kindnesses, which have been ever of old.
6. O remember not the sins and offences of my youth : but according to thy mercy think thou upon me, O Lord, for thy goodness.
7. Gracious and righteous is the Lord : therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
8. Them that are meek shall he guide in judgement : and such as are gentle, them shall he learn his way.
9. All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth : unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
10. For thy Name’s sake, O Lord : be merciful unto my sin, for it is great.
11. What man is he that feareth the Lord : him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
12. His soul shall dwell at ease : and his seed shall inherit the land.
13. The secret of the Lord is among them that fear him : and he will shew them his covenant.
14. Mine eyes are ever looking unto the Lord : for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.
15. Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me : for I am desolate and in misery.
16. The sorrows of my heart are enlarged : O bring thou me out of my troubles.
17. Look upon my adversity and misery : and forgive me all my sin.
18. Consider mine enemies, how many they are : and they bear a tyrannous hate against me.
19. O keep my soul, and deliver me : let me not be confounded, for I have put my trust in thee.
20. Let perfectness and righteous dealing wait upon me : for my hope hath been in thee.
21. Deliver Israel, O God : out of all his troubles.