Psalm 147. Laudate Dominum
O PRAISE the Lord, for it is a good thing to sing praises unto our God : yea, a joyful and pleasant thing it is to be thankful.
2. The Lord doth build up Jerusalem : and gather together the out-casts of Israel.
3. He healeth those that are broken in heart : and giveth medicine to heal their sickness.
4. He telleth the number of the stars : and calleth them all by their names.
5. Great is our Lord, and great is his power : yea, and his wisdom is infinite.
6. The Lord setteth up the meek : and bringeth the ungodly down to the ground.
7. O sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving : sing praises upon the harp unto our God;
8. Who covereth the heavens with clouds, and prepareth rain for the earth : and maketh the grass to grow upon the mountains, and herb for the use of men;
9. Who giveth fodder unto the cattle : and feedeth the young ravens that call upon him.
10. He hath no pleasure in the strength of an horse : neither delighteth he in any man’s legs.
11. But the Lord’s delight is in them that fear him : and put their trust in his mercy.
12. Praise the Lord, O Jerusalem : praise thy God, O Sion.
13. For he hath made fast the bars of thy gates : and hath blessed thy children within thee.
14. He maketh peace in thy borders : and filleth thee with the flour of wheat.
15. He sendeth forth his commandment upon earth : and his word runneth very swiftly.
16. He giveth snow like wool : and scattereth the hoar-frost like ashes.
17. He casteth forth his ice like morsels : who is able to abide his frost?
18. He sendeth out his word, and melteth them : he bloweth with his wind, and the waters flow.
19. He sheweth his word unto Jacob : his statutes and ordinances unto Israel.
20. He hath not dealt so with any nation : neither have the heathen knowledge of his laws.
Psalm 148. Laudate Dominum
O PRAISE the Lord of heaven : praise him in the height.
2. Praise him, all ye angels of his : praise him, all his host.
3. Praise him, sun and moon : praise him, all ye stars and light.
4. Praise him, all ye heavens : and ye waters that are above the heavens.
5. Let them praise the Name of the Lord : for he spake the word, and they were made; he commanded, and they were created.
6. He hath made them fast for ever and ever : he hath given them a law which shall not be broken.
7. Praise the Lord upon earth : ye dragons, and all deeps;
8. Fire and hail, snow and vapours : wind and storm, fulfilling his word;
9. Mountains and all hills : fruitful trees and all cedars;
10. Beasts and all cattle : worms and feathered fowls;
11. Kings of the earth and all people : princes and all judges of the world;
12. Young men and maidens, old men and children, praise the Name of the Lord : for his Name only is excellent, and his praise above heaven and earth.
13. He shalt exalt the horn of his people; all his saints shall praise him : even the children of Israel, even the people the serveth him.