Psalm 145. Exaltabo te, Deus
I WILL magnify thee, O God, my King : and I will praise thy Name for ever and ever.
2. Every day will I give thanks unto thee : and praise thy Name for ever and ever.
3. Great is the Lord, and marvellous worthy to be praised : there is no end of his greatness.
4. One generation shall praise thy works unto another : and declare thy power.
5. As for me, I will be talking of thy worship : thy glory, thy praise, and wondrous works;
6. So that men shall speak of the might of thy marvellous acts : and I will also tell of thy greatness.
7. The memorial of thine abundant kindness shall be shewed : and men shall sing of thy righteousness.
8. The Lord is gracious and merciful : long-suffering and of great goodness.
9. The Lord is loving unto every man : and his mercy is over all his works.
10. All thy works praise thee, O Lord : and thy saints give thanks unto thee.
11. They shew the glory of thy kingdom : and talk of thy power;
12. That thy power, thy glory, and mightiness of thy kingdom : might be known unto men.
13. Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom : and thy dominion endureth throughout all ages.
14. The Lord upholdeth all such as fall : and lifteth up all those that are down.
15. The eyes of all wait upon thee, O Lord : and thou givest them their meat in due season.
16. Thou openest thine hand : and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
17. The Lord is righteous in all his ways : and holy in all his works.
18. The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him : yea, all such as call upon him faithfully.
19. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him : he also will hear their cry, and will help them.
20. The Lord preserveth all them that love him : but scattereth abroad all the ungodly.
21. My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord : and let all flesh give thanks unto his holy Name for ever and ever.
Psalm 146. Lauda, anima mea
PRAISE the Lord, O my soul; while I live will I praise the Lord : yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing praises unto my God.
2. O put not your trust in princes, nor in any child of man : for there is no help in them.
3. For when the breath of man goeth forth he shall turn again to his earth : and then all his thoughts perish.
4. Blessed is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help : and whose hope is in the Lord his God;
5. Who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that therein is : who keepeth his promise for ever;
6. Who helpeth them to right that suffer wrong : who feedeth the hungry.
7. The Lord looseth men out of prison : the Lord giveth sight to the blind.
8. The Lord helpeth them that are fallen : the Lord careth for the righteous.
9. The Lord careth for the strangers, he defendeth the fatherless and widow :as for the way of the ungodly, he turneth it upside down.
10. The Lord thy God, O Sion, shall be King for evermore : and throughout all generations.