Psalm 141. Domine, clamavi
LORD, I call upon thee, haste thee unto me : and consider my voice when I cry unto thee.
2. Let my prayer be set forth in thy sight as the incense : and let the lifting up of my hands be an evening sacrifice.
3. Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth : and keep the door of my lips.
4. O let not mine heart be inclined to any evil thing : let me not be occupied in ungodly works with the men that work wickedness, lest I eat of such things as please them.
5. Let the righteous rather smite me friendly : and reprove me.
6. But let not their precious balms break my head : yea, I will pray yet against their wickedness.
7. Let their judges be overthrown in stony places : that they may hear my words, for they are sweet.
8. Our bones lie scattered before the pit : like as when one breaketh and heweth wood upon the earth.
9. But mine eyes look unto thee, O Lord God : in thee is my trust , O cast not out my soul.
10. Keep me from the snare that they have laid for me : and from the traps of the wicked doers.
11. Let the ungodly fall into their own nets together : and let me ever escape them.
Psalm 142. Voce mea ad Dominum
I CRIED unto the Lord with my voice : yea, even unto the Lord did I make my supplication.
2. I poured out my complaints before him : and shewed him of my trouble.
3. When my spirit was in heaviness thou knewest my path : in the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me.
4. I looked also upon my right hand : and saw there was no man that would know me.
5. I had no place to flee unto : and no man cared for my soul.
6. I cried unto thee, O Lord, and said : Thou art my hope, and my portion in the land of the living.
7. Consider my complaint : for I am brought very low.
8. O deliver me from my persecutors : for they are too strong for me.
9. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may give thanks unto thy Name : which thing if thou wilt grant me, then shall the righteous resort unto my company.