Psalm 7. Domine, Deus meus
O LORD my God, in thee have I put my trust : save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me;
2. Lest he devour my soul, like a lion, and tear it in pieces : while there is none to help.
3. O Lord my God, if I have done any such thing : or if there be any wickedness in my hands;
4. If I have rewarded evil unto him that dealt friendly with me : yea, I have delivered him that without any cause is mine enemy,
5. Then let mine enemy persecute my soul, and take me : yea, let him tread my life down upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust.
6. Stand up, O Lord, in thy wrath, and lift up thyself, because of the indignation of mine enemies : arise up for me in the judgement that thou hast commanded.
7. And so shall the congregation of the people come about thee : for their sakes therefore lift up thyself again.
8. The Lord shall judge the people; give sentence with me, O Lord : according to my righteousness, and according to the innocency that is in me.
9. O let the wickedness of the ungodly come to an end : but guide thou the just.
10. For the righteous God : trieth the very hearts and reins.
11. My help cometh of God : who preserveth them that are true of heart.
12. God is a righteous Judge, strong and patient : and God is provoked every day.
13. If a man will not turn, he will whet his sword : he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
14. He hath prepared for him the instruments of death : he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors
15. Behold, he travaileth with mischief : he hath conceived sorrow, and brought forth ungodliness.
16. He hath graven and digged up a pit : and is fallen on himself into the destruction that he made for other.
17. For his travail shall come upon his own head : and his wickedness shall fall on his own pate.
18. I will give thanks unto the Lord, according to his righteousness : and I will praise the Name of the Lord most High.
Psalm 8. Domine, Dominus noster
O LORD our Governor, how excellent is thy Name in all the world : thou hast set thy glory above the heavens!
2. Out of the mouth of very babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength, because of thine enemies : that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3. For I will consider thy heavens, even the works of thy fingers : the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained.
4. What is man, that thou art mindful of him : and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5. Thou madest him lower than the angels : to crown him with glory and worship.
6. Thou makest him to have dominion of the works of thy hands : and thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet;
7. All sheep and oxen : yea, and the beasts of the field;
8. The fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea : and whatsoever walketh through the paths of the seas.
9. O Lord our Governor : how excellent is thy Name in all the world!