Psalm 14. Dixit insipiens
THE fool hath said in his heart : There is no God.
2. They are corrupt, and become abominable in their doings : there is none that doeth good, no not one.
3. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men : to see if there were any that would understand, and seek after God.
4. But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become abominable : there is none that doeth good, no not one.
5. Their throat is an open sepulchre, with their tongues have they deceived : the poison of asps is under their lips.
6. Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness : their feet are swift to shed blood.
7. Destruction and unhappiness is in their ways, and the way of peace have they not known ; there is no fear of God before their eyes.
8. Have they no knowledge, that they are all such workers of mischief : eating up my people as it were bread, and call not upon the Lord?
9. There were they brought in great fear, even where no fear was : for God is in the generation of the righteous.
10. As for you, ye have made a mock at the counsel of the poor : because he putteth his trust in the Lord.
11. Who shall give salvation unto Israel out of Sion? When the Lord turneth the captivity of his people : then shall Jacob rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.
Psalm 15. Domine, quis habitabit?
LORD, who shall dwell in thy tabernacle : or who shall rest upon thy holy hill?
2. Even he that leadeth an uncorrupt life : and doeth the thing which is right, and speaketh the truth from his heart.
3. He that hath used no deceit in his tongue, nor done evil to his neighbour : and hath not slandered his neighbour.
4. He that setteth not by himself, but is lowly in his own eyes : and maketh much of them that fear the Lord.
5. He that sweareth unto his neighbour, and disappointeth him not : thou it were to his own hindrance.
6. He that hath not given his money upon usury : nor taken reward against the innocent.
7. Whoso doeth these things : shall never fall.