Psalm 12. Salvum me fac
HELP me, Lord, for there is not one godly man left : for the faithful are minished from among the children of men,
2. They talk of vanity every one with his neighbour : they do but flatter with their lips, and dissemble in their double heart.
3. The Lord shall root out all deceitful lips : and the tongue that speaketh proud things;
4. Which have said, With our tongue will we prevail : we are they that ought to speak , who is lord over us?
5. Now for the comfortless trouble’s sake of the needy : and because of the deep sighing of the poor,
6. I will up, saith the Lord : and will help every one from him that swelleth against him, and will set him at rest.
7. The words of the Lord are pure words : even as the silver, which from the earth is tried, and purified seven times in the fire.
8. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord : thou shalt preserve him from this generation for ever.
9. The ungodly walk on every side : when they are exalted, the children of men are put to rebuke.
Psalm 13. Usque quo, Domine?
HOW long wilt thou forget me, O Lord, for ever : how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2. How long shall I seek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed in my heart : how long shall mine enemies triumph over me?
3. Consider, and hear me, O Lord my God : lighten mine eyes, that I sleep not in death.
4. Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him : for if I be cast down, they that trouble me will rejoice at it.
5. But my trust is in thy mercy : and my heart is joyful in thy salvation.
6. I will sing of the Lord, because he hath dealt so lovingly with me : yea, I will praise the Name of the Lord most Highest.