Psalm 92. Bonum est confiteri
IT IS a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord : and to sing praises unto thy Name, O most Highest.
2. To tell of thy loving-kindness early in the morning : and of thy truth in the night-season.
3. Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the lute : upon a loud instrument, and upon the harp.
4. For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy works : and I will rejoice in giving praise for the operations of thy hands.
5. O Lord, how glorious are thy works : thy thoughts are very deep.
6. An unwise man doth not well consider this : and a fool doth not understand it.
7. When the ungodly are green as the grass, and when all the workers of wickedness do flourish : then shall they be destroyed for ever; but thou, Lord, art the most Highest for evermore.
8. For lo, thine enemies, O Lord, lo, thine enemies shall perish : and all the workers of wickedness shall be destroyed.
9. But mine horn shall be exalted like the horn of an unicorn : for I am anointed with fresh oil.
10. Mine eye also shall see his lust of mine enemies : and mine ear shall hear his desire of the wicked that arise up against me.
11. The righteous shall flourish like a palm-tree : and shall spread abroad like a cedar in Libanus.
12. Such as are planted in the house of the Lord : shall flourish in the courts of the house of our God.
13. They also shall bring forth more fruit in their age : and shall be fat and well-liking.
14. That they may shew how true the Lord my strength is : and that there is no unrighteousness in him.
Psalm 93. Dominus regnavit
THE Lord is King, and hath put on glorious apparel : the Lord hath put on his apparel, and girded himself with strength.
2. He hath made the round world so sure : that it cannot be moved.
3. Ever since the world began hath thy seat been prepared : thou art from everlasting.
4. The floods are risen, O Lord, the floods have lift up their voice : the floods lift up their waves.
5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly : but yet the Lord, who dwelleth on high, is mightier.
6. Thy testimonies, O Lord, are very sure : holiness becometh thine house for ever.