Psalm 85. Benedixisti, Domine
LORD, thou art become gracious unto thy land : thou hast turned away the captivity of Jacob.
2. Thou hast forgiven the offence of thy people : and covered all their sins.
3. Thou hast taken away all thy displeasure : and turned thyself from thy wrathful indignation.
4. Turn us then, O God our Saviour : and let thine anger cease from us.
5. Wilt thou be displeased at us for ever : and wilt thou stretch out thy wrath from one generation to another?
6. Wilt thou not turn again, and quicken us : that thy people may rejoice in thee?
7. Shew us thy mercy, O Lord : and grant us thy salvation.
8. I will hearken what the Lord God will say concerning me : for he shall speak peace unto his people, and to his saints, that they turn not again.
9. For his salvation is nigh them that fear him : that glory may dwell in our land.
10. Mercy and truth are met together : righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
11. Truth shall flourish out of the earth : and righteousness hath looked down from heaven.
12. Yea, the Lord shall shew loving-kindness : and our land shall give her increase.
13. Righteousness shall go before him : and he shall direct his going in the way.
Psalm 86. Inclina, Domine
BOW down thine ear, O Lord, and hear me : for I am poor, and in misery.
2. Preserve thou my soul, for I am holy : my God, save thy servant that putteth his trust in thee.
3. Be merciful unto me, O Lord : for I will call daily upon thee.
4. Comfort the soul of thy servant : for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5. For thou, Lord, art good and gracious : and of great mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
6. Give ear, Lord, unto my prayer : and ponder the voice of my humble desires.
7. In the time of my trouble I will call upon thee : for thou hearest me.
8. Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord : there is not one that can do as thou doest.
9. All nations whom thou hadst made shall come and worship thee, O Lord : and shall glorify thy Name.
10. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things : thou art God alone.
11. Teach me thy way, O Lord, and I will walk in thy truth : O knit my heart unto thee, that I may fear thy Name.
12. I will thank thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart : and will praise thy Name for evermore.
13. For great is thy mercy toward me : and thou hast delivered my soul from the nethermost hell.
14. O God, the proud are risen against me : and the congregations of naughty men have sought after my soul, and have not set thee before their eyes.
15. But thou, O Lord God, art full of compassion and mercy : long-suffering, plenteous in goodness and truth.
16. O turn thee then unto me, and have mercy upon me : give thy strength unto thy servant, and help the son of thine handmaid.
17. Shew some token upon me for good, that they who hate me may see it and be ashamed : because thou, Lord, hast holpen me and comforted me.