Morning or Evening
Manus tuae fecerunt me
HY hands have made me and fashioned me: O give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
74. They that fear thee will be glad when they see me : because I have put my trust in thy word.
75. I know, O Lord, that thy judgements are right : and that thou of very faithfulness hast caused me to be troubled.
76. O let thy merciful kindness be my comfort : according to thy word unto thy servant.
77. O let thy loving mercies come unto me, that I may live : for thy law is my delight.
78. Let the proud be confounded, for they go wickedly about to destroy me : but I will be occupied in thy commandments.
79. Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies : be turned unto me.
80. O let my heart be sound in thy statutes : that I be not ashamed.
Defecit anima mea
Y SOUL hath longed for thy salvation : and I have a good hope because of thy word.
82. Mine eyes long sore for thy word : saying, O when wilt thou comfort me?
83. For I am become like a bottle in the smoke : yet do I not forget thy statutes.
84. How many are the days of thy servant : when wilt thou be avenged of them that persecute me?
85. The proud have digged pits for me : which are not after thy law.
86. All thy commandments are true : they persecute me falsely; O be thou my help.
87. They had almost made an end of me upon earth : but I forsook not thy commandments.
88. O quicken me after thy loving-kindness : and so shall I keep the testimonies of thy mouth.
In aeternum. Domine
LORD, thy word : endureth for ever in heaven.
90. Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another : thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.
91. They continue this day according to thine ordinance : for all things serve thee.
92. If my delight had not been in thy law : I should have perished in my trouble.
93. I will never forget thy commandments : for with them thou hast quickened me.
94. I am thine, O save me : for I have sought thy commandments.
95. The ungodly laid wait for me to destroy me : but I will consider thy testimonies.
96. I see that all things come to an end : but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
ORD, what love have I unto thy law : all the day long is my study in it.
98. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies : for they are ever with me.
99. I have more understanding than my teachers : for thy testimonies are my study.
100. I am wiser than the aged : because I keep thy commandments.
101. I have refrained my feet from every evil way : that I may keep thy word.
102. I have not shrunk from thy judgements : for thou teachest me.
103. O how sweet are thy words unto my throat : yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth.
104. Through thy commandments I get understanding : therefore I hate all evil ways.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.