Morning or Evening
GIVE thanks unto the Lord, and call upon his Name : tell the people what things he hath done.
2. O let your songs be of him, and praise him : and let your talking be of all his wondrous works.
3. Rejoice in his holy Name : let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.
4. Seek the Lord and his strength : seek his face evermore.
5. Remember the marvellous works that he hath done : his wonders, and the judgements of his mouth.
6. O ye seed of Abraham his servant : ye children of Jacob his chosen.
7. He is the Lord our God : his judgements are in all the world.
8. He hath been alway mindful of his covenant and promise : that he made to a thousand generations;
9. Even the covenant that he made with Abraham : and the oath that he sware unto Isaac;
10. And appointed the same unto Jacob for a law : and to Israel for an everlasting testament;
11. Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan : the lot of your inheritance;
12. When there were yet but a few of them : and they strangers in the land;
13. What time as they went from one nation to another : from one kingdom to another people;
14. He suffered no man to do them wrong : but reproved even kings for their sakes;
15. Touch not mine Anointed : and do my prophets no harm.
16. Moreover, he called for a dearth upon the land : and destroyed all the provision of bread.
17. But he had sent a man before them : even Joseph, who was sold to be a bond-servant;
18. Whose feet they hurt in the stocks : the iron entered into his soul;
19. Until the time came that his cause was known : the word of the Lord tried him.
20. The king sent, and delivered him : the prince of the people let him go free.
21. He made him lord also of his house : and ruler of all his substance;
22. That he might inform his princes after his will : and teach his senators wisdom.
23. Israel also came into Egypt : and Jacob was a stranger in the land of Ham.
24. And he increased his people exceedingly : and made them stronger than their enemies;
25. Whose heart turned, so that they hated his people : and dealt untruly with his servants.
26. Then sent he Moses his servant : and Aaron whom he had chosen.
27. And these shewed his tokens among them : and wonders in the land of Ham.
28. He sent darkness, and it was dark : and they were not obedient unto his word.
29. He turned their waters into blood : and slew their fish.
30. Their land brought forth frogs : yea, even in their kings’ chambers.
31. He spake the word, and there came all manner of flies : and lice in all their quarters.
32. He gave them hail-stones for rain : and flames of fire in their land.
33. He smote their vines also and fig-trees : and destroyed the trees that were in their coasts.
34. He spake the word, and the grasshoppers came, and caterpillars innumerable : and did eat up all the grass in their land, and devoured the fruit of their ground.
35. He smote all the first-born in their land : even the chief of all their strength.
36. He brought them forth also with silver and gold : there was not one feeble person among their tribes.
37. Egypt was glad at their departing : for they were afraid of them.
38. He spread out a cloud to be a covering : and fire to give light in the night-season.
39. At their desire he brought quails : and he filled them with the bread of heaven.
40. He opened the rock of stone, and the waters flowed out : so that rivers ran in the dry places.
41. For why? he remembered his holy promise : and Abraham his servant.
42. And he brought forth his people with joy: and his chosen with gladness;
43. And gave them the lands of the heathen : and they took the labours of the people in possession;
44. That they might keep his statutes : and observe his laws.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.