EAR my voice, O God, in my prayer : preserve my life from fear of the enemy.
2. Hide me from the gathering together of the froward : and from the insurrection of wicked doers;
3. Who have whet their tongue like a sword : and shoot out their arrows, even bitter words;
4. That they may privily shoot at him that is perfect : suddenly do they hit him, and fear not.
5. They encourage themselves in mischief : and commune among themselves how they may lay snares, and say that no man shall see them.
6. They imagine wickedness, and practise it : that they keep secret among themselves, every man in the deep of his heart.
7. But God shall suddenly shoot at them with a swift arrow : that they shall be wounded.
8. Yea, their own tongues shall make them fall : insomuch that whoso seeth them shall laugh them to scorn.
9. And all men that see it shall say, This hath God done : for they shall perceive that it is his work.
10. The righteous shall rejoice in the Lord, and put his trust in him : and all they that are true of heart shall be glad.
HOU, O God, art praised in Sion : and unto thee shall the vow be performed in Jerusalem.
2. Thou that hearest the prayer : unto thee shall all flesh come.
3. My misdeeds prevail against me : O be thou merciful unto our sins.
4. Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and receivest unto thee : he shall dwell in thy court, and shall be satisfied with the pleasures of thy house, even of thy holy temple.
5. Thou shalt shew us wonderful things in thy righteousness, O God of our salvation : thou that art the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of them that remain in the broad sea.
6. Who in his strength setteth fast the mountains : and is girded about with power.
7. Who stilleth the raging of the sea : and the noise of his waves, and the madness of the people.
8. They also that dwell in the uttermost parts of the earth shall be afraid at thy tokens : thou that makest the outgoings of the morning and evening to praise thee.
9. Thou visitest the earth, and blessest it : thou makest it very plenteous.
10. The river of God is full of water : thou preparest their corn, for so thou providest for the earth.
11. Thou waterest her furrows, thou sendest rain into the little valleys thereof : thou makest it soft with the drops of rain, and blessest the increase of it.
12. Thou crownest the year with thy goodness : and thy clouds drop fatness.
13. They shall drop upon the dwellings of the wilderness : and the little hills shall rejoice on every side.
14. The folds shall be full of sheep : the valleys also shall stand so thick with corn, that they shall laugh and sing.