HE foolish body hath said in his heart : There is no God.
2. Corrupt are they, and become abominable in their wickedness : there is none that doeth good.
3. God looked down from heaven upon the children of men : to see if there were any that would understand, and seek after God.
4. But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become abominable : there is also none that doeth good, no not one.
5. Are not they without understanding, that work wickedness : eating up my people as if they would eat bread? they have not called upon God.
6. They were afraid where no fear was : for God hath broken the bones of him that besieged thee; thou hast put them to confusion, because God hath despised them.
7. O that the salvation were given unto Israel out of Sion : O that the Lord would deliver his people out of captivity!
8. Then should Jacob rejoice : and Israel should be right glad.
Deus, in nomine
AVE me, O God, for thy Name’s sake : and avenge me in thy strength.
2. Hear my prayer, O God : and hearken unto the words of my mouth.
3. For strangers are risen up against me : and tyrants, which have not God before their eyes, seek after my soul.
4. Behold, God is my helper : the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.
5. He shall reward evil unto mine enemies : destroy thou them in thy truth.
6. An offering of a free heart will I give thee, and praise thy Name, O Lord : because it is so comfortable.
7. For he hath delivered me out of all my trouble : and mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies.