REAT is the Lord, and highly to be praised : in the city of our God, even upon his holy hill.
2. The hill of Sion is a fair place, and the joy of the whole earth : upon the north-side lieth the city of the great King; God is well known in her palaces as a sure refuge.
3. For lo, the kings of the earth : are gathered, and gone by together.
4. They marvelled to see such things : they were astonished, and suddenly cast down.
5. Fear came there upon them, and sorrow : as upon a woman in her travail.
6. Thou shalt break the ships of the sea : through the east-wind.
7. Like as we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God : God upholdeth the same for ever.
8. We wait for thy loving-kindness, O God : in the midst of thy temple.
9. O God, according to thy Name, so is thy praise unto the world’s end : thy right hand is full of righteousness.
10. Let the mount Sion rejoice, and the daughters of Judah be glad : because of thy judgements.
11. Walk about Sion, and go round about her : and tell the towers thereof.
12. Mark well her bulwarks, set up her houses : that ye may tell them that come after.
13. For this God is our God for ever and ever : he shall be our guide unto death.